With the hiring of Frank Wilson as new head coach for UTSA, the ties between Louisiana and San Antonio have been bountiful to this point. This includes transfers, potential recruits, coaches and other staff. This synergy took another step forward last week when it was announced that UTSA and LSU will team up for a satellite camp this summer.
UTSA’s D-Town Showcase on June 13 at Desoto High School will be a joint satellite camp with LSU.
Wilson spent six seasons at LSU before coming to UTSA. Known as a prolific recruiter, Wilson teaming up with LSU will allow UTSA’s camp to gain more exposure.
The camp will run from 9am to 12pm and is open to all high school students.
This is only one of several camps UTSA has scheduled for this summer. Below are the dates/locations of upcoming football camps:
- June 4: Kicking/Punting / Deep Snapping (UTSA Practice Fields)
- June 5-7: Youth Camp (UTSA Practice Fields)
- June 10: Friday Night Lights Showdown (UTSA Practice Fields)
- June 13: Elite D-Town Showcase (Desoto High School)
- June 14: Elite H-Town Showcase (Katy High School)
- June 15: Elite Golden Triangle Showcase (The Thomas Center - Beaumont, TX)
- July 21: Alamodome Showout (Alamodome - San Antonio, TX)
For more information on UTSA Football Camps, click here: LINK