Head Coach Frank Wilson has made it no secret of his desire to heavily recruit the greater San Antonio Area. On Wednesday afternoon, Wilson and his staff landed their first local player when Stevens Quarterback Bryce Rivers committed to UTSA’s 2017 recruiting class.
At 6’3” and 202lbs, Rivers is a left-handed pocket QB with a strong arm. Known for his good decision making, Rivers also brings some deceptive elusiveness when he scrambles and gets on the move.
In 2015, Rivers earned all-district first team player honors as well as all-state honorable mention. In his junior campaign, Rivers threw for 3,404 yards with 30 touchdowns while completing 232 of his 378 pass attempts. He was also named
Rivers is the seventh commit to UTSA’s 2017 recruiting class. Here are the other commits:
- CB Jaylon Lane 6’1”/184lbs Independence JC (KS)
- CB Taylor Perry 5’9”/160lbs Crosby HS (TX)
- RB Robert McKnight 5’9”/175lbs Parkway HS (LA)
- CB Javontavius Mosley 6’0”/164lbs John Tyler HS (TX)
- LB Demarco Guidry 6’1”/210lbs La Marque HS (TX)
- S Kenderius Glenn 6’0” 185lbs Meridian HS (MS)
- QB Bryce Rivers 6’3”/202lbs John Paul Stevens HS (TX)
You can see an overview of all of UTSA’s commits by CLICKING HERE
Photo Courtesy of MYSA.COM