* This game marks only the second meeting between the two squads, DePaul leads the all-time series 1-0
*The first time the two teams met was in the Suntory Ball Classic in Osaka, Japan in 1983. DePaul won 50-47.
* Red Raiders are 3-1 while the Blue Demons are 2-1 on the season entering this game.
* Texas Tech is 3-11 against teams in the current Big East Conference
* Jordan Tolbert was the standout player in Tech's last outing contributing 20 points on 8-for-13 shooting from the field and going 4-for-4 from the free-throw line.
* DePaul has three players averaging double-digit points this season with sophomore guard Brandon Young is averaging 18 points per game.
* The game will be televised on ESPNU and tips off at 1:30 p.m.
* If Texas Tech wins they will play in the Consolation Finals on Sunday at 2 p.m., if they lose the Red Raiders will play at 11:30 a.m.