- Tech leads the series 73-54 overall and is 29-25 all-time when playing in Fort Worth
- The Red Raiders have won 7 of the last 10 meetings between the two squads
- Last meeting was December 8, 2010, and the Horned Frogs got the best of the Red Raiders winning 81-77, Sammy Yeager led the team with 22 points, but has since moved on.
- Tech and TCU know each other well considering they were conference foes in the Southwest Conference from 1956-1996.
- Texas Tech is coming off a 61-54 victory against Texas A&M Corpus Christi, while TCU is coming off a 70-68 win against Evansville.
- The Red Raiders come in at 4-3, while TCU is 6-2 on the season thus far
-The 6-2 start for the Horned Frogs marks the second straight season that they have started with this record. With a win in tonight's game that would give TCU its best start since the 2000-2001 season
- The Horned Frogs are 3-0 on the season when playing at home and if the Red Raiders win tonight it would be their second of the season on the road matching the teams road win total from last season
TCU Player to Watch: #23 J.R. Cadot – Sr. Guard
When looking at this TCU squad there is not a much better well-rounded player than senior guard J.R. Cadot. The Nassau, Bahamas native has been a scoring and rebounding force for the Horned Frogs averaging 11.8 points per game and 8 rebounds per game. In the past four games Cadot has scored in double figures and has done that is six of TCU's eight games this season. His current streak is 13 of the last 17 games he has scored in double figures really being a force for the Horned Frogs. In the Mountain West Conference Cadot ranks second in rebounding average and third in total rebounds (24) and field goal shooting.
So Cadot will be the player that the Red Raiders will have to try and stop if Tech wants to get its fifth win of the season.
Texas Tech Player to Watch: #30 Jaye Crockett – Soph. Forward
In his short time at Texas Tech, fans have come to know Jaye Crockett for his great play off the bench and electric slam-dunks. In the Red Raiders last win, Crockett led the team with 12 points and shot for 50 percent from the field going 6-for-12 leading the team. That performance marked the second double-digit performance of the season, scored 14, a career-high, against North Texas earlier this season. Crockett will continue to have games like this and become more consistent, last season he had four double-digit games and had some come close.
Crockett will come off the bench again tonight and Billy Gillispie will need another quality outing from him if Tech wants to pull out a win.