Game Notes Texas Tech Lady Raiders (8-0) v. UT Arlington (1-5)
- Second straight season the Lady Raiders have started 8-0 , last season started 9-0 before losing to Penn State.
- Tech has won seven of its eight games this season by a margin of 25 or more points.
-The Lady Raiders' won was their 39th consecutive non-conference home win.
- The Lady Raiders had three players in double-digits, Casey Morris (24), Kierra Mallard (16), and Jordan Barncastle (11).
- While the Lady Raiders had three players in double-digits, the Mavericks had no players reach double-digits and continue to have no players averaging double-digits in points.
- Tech had 20 second chance points while UTA just had 4 to show for, Lady Raiders had 33 points off the 33 turnovers they forced, while UTA had 11 points off Tech's 23 turnovers.
-Christine Hyde's 12 rebounds was a career high.
-Monique Smalls leads the nation with a 7:1 Assist to Turnover Ratio.
-Casey Morris scored a career-high 24 points, 22 coming in the first half. Her six three pointers was also a career high.
-The Lady Raiders totaled 19 steals on the night coming from only six players.
-Christine Hyde was one point away from her first career double-double.
-Texas Tech had 30 offensive rebounds to 19 defensive, that is the third time this year the Lady Raiders have had more offensive than defensive rebounds. (Penn State, New Mexico, UTA)
-Tech scored 88 points on the night, but only 2 came on a fast break.
- Lady Raiders now take a 10-day break before their next game against Illinois on December 17 in Chicago in the Big 12/ Big 10 Challenge.
Players of the Game
Casey Morris Jr. G 24 Pts, 4 stl, 4 reb- Morris started off the game by scoring the Lady Raiders' first eight points and 22 of their first 44 on the way to a career high 24 points. Her six three pointers were also a career high, all coming in the first half.
Monique Smalls Jr. G 7 Pts, 11 ast, 4 stl- Her 11 assists was a career high and brought her to 42 assists on the year with only 6 turnovers. She leads the nation in Assists to Turnover ratio at 7:1. She added 4 more steals to her total as well as she still sits near the top in steals per game.