* Texas Tech pulled off the win against CSU-Bakersfield taking the game 74-58
* Tech improved to 6-5 on the season, CSU-Bakersfield falls to 6-7 on the year
* Tech finished the game shooting for 60 percent from the field, while CSU-Bakersfield finished the game shooting 47.8 percent
* Tech lost the rebound battle 23-20, and but won the turnover battle 13-19
* On those turnovers Tech scored 25 points while CSU-Bakersfield scored only 13 points off of turnovers
* The Red Raiders were 19-for-28 from the free-throw line while the Roadrunners were 9-for-15
* CSU-Bakersfield had four players in double-digits in Stephon Caron (17), Donald Johnson (13), Issiah Grayson (12) and Adam Young (11)
* CSU-Bakersfield's Donald Johnson got a technical foul with 7:40 to go in the game when he dunked the ball and came down standing over Ty Nurse.
PLAYERS OF THE GAME
Jordan Tolbert - #32 Freshman – Fort Worth, Texas
* Jordan Tolbert shined again scoring 27, tying his career-high, which came back against TCU on December 7, and marked his fourth consecutive and fifth 20-point performance of the season. He moved up to 15th all-time tying Cliff Owens with 5 20-point performances.
Javarez Willis - #5 Sophomore - Homer, Louisiana
* Javarez Willis scored 16 points in the game marking his highest point total of the season, came close to breaking his former career-high of 18 which came against Georgia Southern on November 23, 2010
Stephon Carter - #44 Junior – Bakersfield, California
* For CSU-Bakersfield the lone player that really stepped up for them was Stephon Carter, who started his 10th game this season. Carter entered the game averaging just 8.8 points per game. The junior dropped 17 points, which marks the most points scored in a game this season for him – previous high was 13 against Montana State back on December 3. In the Roadrunners 13 games this season, Carter has scored in double-digits in 8 of those games.