* No. 21 Lady Raiders defeated the Texas Longhorns on Saturday winning 75-71 snapping a five-game losing streak in Big 12 Conference play and a five-game losing streak to Texas. Tech now leads the all-time series 26-20 against the Longhorns.
* There were 10,411 fans on hand for this game
* Kierra Mallard was out for her second straight game with an undisclosed injury
* Texas falls to 13-7 overall and 3-5 in Big 12 play, their next challenge will be Kansas State on Wednesday in Austin
* Texas Tech improves to 15-5, 3-5 in Big 12 play, its next game is against Texas A&M on Wednesday inside the United Spirit Arena
* Largest lead for Texas was by one with 47 seconds left and Texas Tech's largest lead was 15 with 8:25 left in the first half
* Tech jumped out to an 11-0 lead to start the game, but the Longhorns came back and took the lead twice before losing the game – Texas last led with 47 seconds in the game.
* Texas had four players score double-digits and Chassidy Fussell led the team with 19 points, followed up by Yvonne Anderson (18), Chelsea Bass (13) and Ashleigh Fontenette (11)
* Barncastle also was in the starting lineup for the first time since January 22, 2011
* Both Barncastle and Nobles finished the game with double-doubles. Barncastle had 19 points and 10 rebounds, while Nobles had 11 points and 10 boards. It marked the first double double for Barncastle since November 22, 2008 when she did it against Lamar and for Nobles her first since the win against Texas State on November 30.
* Tech finished the game shooting 43.3% from the field and Texas finished 44.8% from the field.
* Lady Raiders finished 68% from the free throw line, while the Longhorns finished 73.3% from the charity stripe
* Tech committed one more turnover than Texas, 14-13, both teams scored 18 points off turnovers, there were four lead changes and three ties.
* Texas' bench played a little better going for 13 points while Tech's went for just 10
* No. 21 Lady Raiders and No. 14 Aggies clash in Lubbock on Wednesday with first tip coming at 7 p.m.