* Texas Tech defeated Missouri State 4-1 on Friday night at Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park
* The Red Raiders improve to 40-23 all-time in Opening Day and a perfect 4-0 under the direction of Tech Head Coach Dan Spencer
* The attendance for Opening Day was 2,605, which is the largest since 2003 when Tech opened its season against New Mexico winning the game 4-2 in front of 3,018 fans.
* Duke von Schamann is the first underclassman to take the ball on Opening Day since Chad Bettis
* von Schamann went 7 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 6 K on 93 pitches getting his first win of the season, and setting a new career-high in strikeouts
* von Schamann took a no-hitter into the fifth inning where it was broken up by Joey Hawkins. von Schamann is the first Tech pitcher to take a no-no into the fifth inning since DJ Ramos in 2003 when he held Kansas hitless for 5.1 innings.
* Pierce Johnson started for Missouri State and went 7 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 5 BB, 8 K on 117 pitches thrown
* Koby Peebles was the only player for Missouri State to get a hit in the entire game
* Reid Redman and Tim Proudfoot both finished with one hit and two RBIs each, Redman singled in his runs while Proudfoot blasted a triple to center field.
* Tech improves to 1-0 on the season while Missouri State falls to 0-2 having lost to Tennessee Tech earlier on Friday
* Texas Tech is back on the diamond on Saturday with first pitch set for 4 p.m. against Tennessee Tech
Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Missouri State 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2
Texas Tech 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 X 4 5 2
WP: Duke von Schumann (1-0)
LP: Pierce Johnson (0-1)
SV: Trey Masek (1)