* Texas Tech took down Tennessee Tech in a beating winning 9-5 on Saturday at Dan Law Field at Rip Griffin Park
* The games attendance was 2,461, and the game took two hours and 36 minutes to complete
* With the win the Red Raiders improve to 2-0 on the season while Tennessee Tech falls to 1-2 on the season
* Shane Broyles marked the second straight starter for the Red Raiders to go seven innings deep in a game and get the win
* That marks the first time since 1999 when two Tech pitchers went more than seven innings each in back-to-back games to open the season.
* Broyles finished the game going 7.1 IP, 5 R, 4 ER, 6 H, 6 K, 0 BB – (78 pitches, 58 strikes)
* Ben Flora came into the game in relief of Broyles, did not record an out but it did mark his 62nd career appearance, which is good for eighth all-time.
* 7.1 is the most by a Red Raider in a starting debut since Trey Masek last season when he did it against Iowa on March 12 going 7.2 innings pitched
* While his counterpart wasn't as lucky as Matthew Shepherd made it only 4.0 IP, 11 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 3 BB, 4 SO
* The Red Raiders for the second straight game jumped all over their opponent in the first inning getting three runs on four hits
* Barrett Barnes contributed to the cause in the fourth inning with a three-run bomb over the left field wall, marking his first home run of the season.
* Barnes finished the game going 2-for-5 with 3 RBIs, 2 R and 1 SO
* Scott LeJeune recorded his 16th career three-hit game in the eighth inning when he ripped a double to dead center field
* LeJeune finished the game going 3-for-4 with 1 RBI, 1 R, 1 BB
* Tim Proudfoot and Brennan Moore both recorded their first multi-hit games in their Red Raider careers
* Tech will be back in action tomorrow in a double-header against Tennessee Tech at 10 a.m. and Missouri State at 2 p.m. to put a wrap on the Red Raider Classic.
TEAM 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Tennessee Tech 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 3 0 5 6 1
Texas Tech 3 0 0 4 0 1 1 0 X 9 14 1
WP: Shane Broyles (1-0)
LP: Matthew Shepherd (0-1)