* Texas Tech falls to Texas 71-67 in overtime inside the United Spirit Arena
* Attendance: 10,393
* That marks the largest home attendance in Big 12 play, and the most since 10,678 turned out for the game against CSU-Bakersfield on December 27
* This marks the first overtime game for the Red Raiders this season, last time Tech was in an overtime game was January 29, 2011 against Oklahoma State and the Red Raiders won 75-74
* The loss extends Tech's losing streak to four and ends the Longhorns losing streak at three.
* Texas improves to 18-11 overall and 8-8 in Big 12 Conference play, and Tech falls to 8-20 overall and 1-15 in Big 12 play
* First 20-loss season for a Red Raider basketball team since the 1990-1991 campaign when that team finished 8-23
* After getting up 14-6 on Texas, the Longhorns rattled off a 25-3 run to pull to a 31-17 lead with 2:19 left in the first half.
* There were five lead changes and five ties in the game
* Tech finished the game shooting 41.5% from the field, while Texas shot just 39.3% from the field
* Tech outrebounded Texas 35-34, outscored the Longhorns in the paint 32-38 and did better in second chance points, 10-9
* Texas finished the game with four players in double-digits, Julien Lewis (15), J'Covan Brown (14), Myck Kabongo (12) and Clint Chapman (12)
* Texas Tech finished with three players in double-digits, Jaye Crockett (16), Javarez Willis (15) and Jordan Tolbert (15)
* This marks the second straight game that Tech has had at least three players go for double-digits in scoring.
* Crockett now has two-straight games where he has eclipsed the 10-point mark in a game
* The Red Raiders are back in action on Monday as they turn
around and travel to No. 13/14 Baylor. First tip is set for 8 p.m. and the game
can be seen on ESPNU.
Team 1 2 OT TOTAL
Texas 33 26 12 71
Texas Tech 22 37 8 67