* Texas Tech beat Alabama A&M 21-1 on Tuesday night at Rip Griffin Park
* Red Raiders improve to 11-5 overall, while the Bulldogs fall to 5-13 on the 2012 campaign
* Tech improves to 9-1 at home this season and to 97-91 under the direction of Dan Spencer
* Game Attendance: 3,309 (Highest of the season)
* The Red Raiders scored 21 runs for the first time since doing that against Kansas back on April 25, 2010
* After giving up a double at the end of the second inning, the Tech pitching staff combined to retire 21-straight batters to close out the game
* Barrett Barnes hit his first triple of the season driving in three runs at the time in the third inning, and this was also his fourth of his career
* Tim Proudfoot recorded his first stolen base of his career in the first inning after getting hit by a pitch he stole second
* Blake Bass got his first hit as a Red Raider doubling in the sixth inning and would later score on a Kevin Whitehead double
* Matt Eureste notched his first RBIs as a Red Raider driving in two in the game both on singles and Whitehead scored on both hits
* Brennan Stewart made his first appearance of the 2012 season since undergoing back surgery in December. Stewart went 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 3 K.
* The Red Raiders had seven stolen bases marking the first time since April 2, 2008 that Tech has stolen seven or more bases in a game. They stole 8 against Texas A&M-CC
* Tech scored eight runs in the fourth inning marking the first time since March 19, 2011 that the Red Raiders have scored eight or more runs in a single inning. That day Tech scored nine in the ninth inning against then-No.14 Baylor
Dan Spencer - Texas Tech Head Coach
"Well I mean you can't complain when you get 19 hits," Spencer said. "So I'm very happy to see we had a lot of guys swing the bat pretty good. We hit a lot of balls hard, ran the bases well and put a little pressure on them."
Talking about the pitching
"The guys on the mound did fine, they worked fast, they threw strikes and we took care of all the balls," Spencer said. "We took care of the ground ball and didn't give them any free opportunities."
Talking about scoring all the runs
"Scoring the runs, I think there's a little relief," Spencer said. "We scored some runs obviously down at Arizona State and had some opportunities this weekend at TCU to score some runs and didn't. So getting our guys going a little bit offensively was really good."
Message to the team after the game
"That it's a two-game series," Spencer said. "And it was the same message that I told our guys two years ago when we played Alabama A&M, like I said it was a different Alabama A&M, this is a better team. We beat them pretty good the first night and I said ‘Now it's going to be harder for you because you beat them and your going to relax.' Anyway we came out and we had Chad Bettis, our closer, in that game a 2-0 game with a man on first base.
"We need to be sharp and we need to again play good baseball, take care of the ground balls, throw strikes and do something situationally when we get chances to hit."
#9 Bryant Burleson – Tech Infielder
Was it a complete team win?
"It was completely a team win" Burleson said. "I mean we had 19 hits, scored 21 runs and we threw a lot of strikes. I mean the whole team contributed for it, it was fun."
Easier to get hits when everyone else is hitting?
"It seems that way, when the pitchers out there throwing hard and getting us out it seems harder to get a hit," Burleson said. "Then today when everyone's hitting it seems to keep rolling."
#50 Brennan Stewart – Tech Pitcher
Talking about his first start since the surgery
"It was awesome," Stewart said. "I knew with the people I had around me I'd get back, but to be back here and support the team, to contribute to the team, it's awesome, it really is. I feel very blessed, really do."
Talking about the pitching staff's performance
"We threw a lot of strikes as a staff," Stewart said. "We threw a lot strikes, got a lot of ground balls, defense played solid behind us, we didn't have any errors. I keep saying we have a pitching staff that throws strikes, and starting pitching, I know Rusty (Shellhorn) was on a limited pitch count tonight, but we'll win a lot of ball games with this pitching staff we have."