· The win against SMU marks the ninth straight victory in a Texas Tech head coaching home debut. The last time a Tech coach lost his home debut was J.T. King in 1961 against Texas A&M.
· Tech wore retro Double T's with the words "Coach Jess Stiles" in white font above the logo in memory to former Tech coach and administrator Jess Stiles.
· A new student attendance record was set. 14,915 students showed up to see their fellow Red Raider alum Kliff Kingsbury make his head coaching debut at Jones AT&T Stadium.
· Texas Tech is on a six game winning streak when Kliff Kingsbury is on the Jones AT&T Stadium turf. Tech defeated Houston in 2011 when Kingsbury was an assistant for the Cougars. The Red Raiders ended the 2002 season on a four game home winning streak.
· The last time the Red Raiders lost with Kingsbury on the home turf, was September 21, 2002 when the Red Raiders lost in overtime to North Carolina State.
· Texas Tech has a 25 game home winning streak against non-conference opponents dating back to the 2002 game against North Carolina State.
· The Red Raiders tied the school record for most points in the first quarter with 28. The last time Tech scored 28 points in the first quarter was against Sam Houston State in 2005.
· Texas Tech scored 61 points against the Lumberjacks. The last time Tech scored 60 points was November 20, 2010 when the Red Raiders defeated Weber State 64-21.