- Texas Tech enters this week ranked 20th in the most recent AP Poll and 22nd in the Coaches Poll, Kansas is not ranked in either poll
- Red Raiders enter the game at 4-0, while the Jayhawks enter the game at 2-1
- Kingsbury cleared up any questions right off the bat as he said Baker Mayfield would be the starter this week against Kansas
- When it comes to Mayfield's health, Kingsbury said he is fully healthy for the first time in about three weeks and has looked really sharp in practice
- On the status of Michael Brewer, Kingsbury said he is doing good, but is not officially cleared yet but they will begin to work him into some drills this week and see how it goes
- Kingsbury said the bye week went well as the seniors stepped up and provided good leadership and they got a lot of things accomplished this week
- Kingsbury said he likes the 11 a.m. kickoff because then they don't have to sit around the hotel
- When asked what his biggest concern was, Kingsbury said it was everything. With the offense being young, he has to be ready for anything
- When asked about moving up in the polls four spots, Kingsbury jokingly said they need more bye weeks and in three weeks they would be in the Top 10
- Kingsbury said they would continue to target Eric Ward and try to get him the ball some more
- It is a good problem to have with what Marquez, Amaro and Grant are doing having to try and work all those guys in
Notebook: Texas Tech Weekly Media Luncheon
Inside the Red Raiders Top Stories
TTU Sports Performance Center Catches FireTexas Tech's Sports Performance Center caught on fire Wednesday. InsideTheRedRaiders.com captured video of the fire before and after.
Inside the Red RaidersYesterday at 5:31 PM
No. 3 Texas Tech Takes Game 1 Over UNLV, 5-2No. 3 Texas Tech defeated UNLV 5-2 Tuesday night in the first of their two-game midweek series at Rip Griffin Park in Lubbock (TX).
Inside the Red RaidersTuesday at 8:47 PM
Choice Cuts: TTU Spring Practice No. 5Texas Tech head coach Kliff Kingsbury along with selected defensive players answered questions from gathered media after practice Tuesday and Inside The Red Raiders was there for a…
Inside the Red RaidersTuesday at 7:58 PM
Video: Texas Tech Spring Practice No. 5Video clips and notes from Texas Tech's fifth practice this spring and first since returning from spring break.
Inside the Red RaidersTuesday at 6:32 PM