- Texas Tech enters this week ranked 20th in the most recent AP Poll and 22nd in the Coaches Poll, Kansas is not ranked in either poll
- Red Raiders enter the game at 4-0, while the Jayhawks enter the game at 2-1
- Kingsbury cleared up any questions right off the bat as he said Baker Mayfield would be the starter this week against Kansas
- When it comes to Mayfield's health, Kingsbury said he is fully healthy for the first time in about three weeks and has looked really sharp in practice
- On the status of Michael Brewer, Kingsbury said he is doing good, but is not officially cleared yet but they will begin to work him into some drills this week and see how it goes
- Kingsbury said the bye week went well as the seniors stepped up and provided good leadership and they got a lot of things accomplished this week
- Kingsbury said he likes the 11 a.m. kickoff because then they don't have to sit around the hotel
- When asked what his biggest concern was, Kingsbury said it was everything. With the offense being young, he has to be ready for anything
- When asked about moving up in the polls four spots, Kingsbury jokingly said they need more bye weeks and in three weeks they would be in the Top 10
- Kingsbury said they would continue to target Eric Ward and try to get him the ball some more
- It is a good problem to have with what Marquez, Amaro and Grant are doing having to try and work all those guys in
Notebook: Texas Tech Weekly Media Luncheon
Inside the Red Raiders Top Stories
Texas Tech Checking Out Louisiana DTTexas Tech observed Slidell (La.) North Shore defensive tackle Kemon Smith earlier this month during the spring evaluation period and have been recruiting him more recently.…
Inside the Red RaidersSunday at 10:42 PM
Giant Oklahoma OL Talks Texas Tech InterestOklahoma City John Marshall offensive lineman Nigel Brannon has been hearing from Texas Tech and already holds a Big 12 offer. InsideTheRedRaiders.com caught up with the giant…
Inside the Red RaidersSunday at 10:19 PM
Q&A: Texas Tech Basketball Coach Chris BeardTexas Tech head basketball coach Chris Beard details the loaded 2017 Red Raider recruiting class.
Inside the Red RaidersSunday at 7:23 PM
Back-to-Back Big 12 ChampsTexas Tech baseball claimed a share of the Big 12 title by completing a three-game sweep of Kansas on Saturday. The Red Raiders also won the conference title last season.
Inside the Red Raiders05/20/2017
Insider Mailbag: Grad Transfers, Champs, MVPsSenior writer Joe Yeager, reporter Alyssa Chrisope and publisher Jarret Johnson answer questions from subscribers about Texas Tech football, basketball, baseball and recruiting.
Inside the Red Raiders05/18/2017