The Texas Tech Athletic
Department announced today enhanced security guidelines at Jones AT&T
Stadium for the 2006 football season. These guidelines are in place for the
safety of the fans to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience on game
Texas Tech has always maintained solid safety measures to ensure the safety of those attending Texas Tech athletic events.
1) Only ticketed and credentialed individuals are permitted to enter Jones AT&T Stadium on game day.
2) All fans will be subject to security screening by event staff and law enforcement officers, including pat downs and inspection of all bags and other property, and may be refused entry for possessing restricted items. Additionally, disorderly behavior may result in ejection from the stadium and possible arrest. Security measures will be consistently reviewed and are subject to change as conditions warrant.
3) No one is allowed on the field during and/or after the game unless they have a purpose and credential to be there. Violators will be subject to possible penalties, including judicial proceedings, or loss of ticket privileges. Texas Tech has an affirmative obligation to structure local security and game management procedures to enforce Big 12 Conference standards.
4) Pass-outs are permitted at Jones AT&T Stadium. Fans with a ticket should exit through a main gate to receive a pass-out ticket. Students should exit and enter via Gate 6 (Southeast corner). Items may not be brought into the stadium upon reentry.
5) Jones AT&T Stadium is a smoke-free facility. Those fans wishing to smoke should exit through one of the main gates, where they will receive a pass-out ticket. This pass-out ticket and ticket stub will be required for reentry.
6) Firearms are not allowed on Texas Tech University property.
7) Throwing of objects is not allowed in the stadium.
8) Prohibited Items Inside Jones AT&T Stadium: Video cameras, long lens still cameras, electronic equipment cases, backpacks, large bags, tripods, umbrellas, strollers, banners, outside food, outside drink, alcoholic beverages, cans, bottles, coolers (ice chests), wine skins, fireworks, small stick handles, poles, skates, skate boards, bicycles, motorcycles, artificial noise makers and animals (except service animals). Other items not listed, but deemed inappropriate or questionable by stadium event staff or uniformed officers may be disapproved for entry into the stadium.
9) Due to increased security measures, fans should arrive early at stadium gates, which will open two hours prior to kickoff.
Texas Tech's desire is to provide a safe and secure environment for its patrons and others associated with home athletic events. Texas Tech will continue to monitor situations and incorporate changes as necessary.