• Taking stock of players on muscle beach, Chris Perry, Joey Fowler, and LaRon Moore spent time there. Moore was not wearing pads though he did spend some time working with the corners and working on muscle beach.
• With Eric Morris out of practice today, Adam James took the reps with the first-team offense. James, a red-shirt freshman, plays similarly to former Tech inside receiver Mickey Peters. James runs strong routes and makes great catches, possibly having the softest hands on the team.
• A HREF=//texastech.scout.com/a.z?s=188&p=8&c=1&nid=3749409>Tramain Swindall had a great day of practice and will give the Red Raiders yet another option at Y receiver along with his good friend Detron Lewis.
• Defensive end Brandon Sesay worked with the second team today, and looked very strong there. With Brandon Sharpe not practicing, Sesay may be able to secure the second team left end position, and with a greater knowledge of the defense he just might be able to push starter Jake Ratliff.
• Rajon Henley had a strong day of practice and continues to show that sometimes size doesn't matter.
• Edward Britton did have a somewhat down day in practice as he had issues catching the ball over his shoulder today.
• Place kicker Donnie Carona had a strong day, and at the end of practice Coach Leach let Carona and fellow kicker Cory Fowler each kick a 35 yard fieldgoal. Carona's went through, and although it was a little ugly, it meant the team didn't have to run for his miss. Then Fowler came up and while his kick was significantly better looking than Carona's, it missed wide right.
• Harrison Jeffers continues to wear a smile from ear to ear and routinely embarrasses any defensive unit that is on the field. While he will most likely red-shirt this season, he could see time if one of the three starting candidates struggles this season.
Offensive player of the day: Tramain Swindall
Catch of the day: Michael Crabtree
Defensive player of the day: Bront Bird
Defensive play of the day: Brian Duncan with another brilliant interception.
Quote of the day: "He has to get in there quicker, he has to hustle more, and he can't be a complete