• The defense and the offense shouted back and forth at each other throughout practice, though this time there was not fighting between the two squads.
• Cody Davis didn't destroy any receivers coming across the middle but did stuff Harrison Jeffers near the goal line.
• McDaniel has a tell with the way that he positions his hands, as to whether he is going to pass block or run block.
• Jarrell Routt had a decent, but not great day of practice today. He is definitely one of the fastest players on the field and while he may be a year away from contributing on defense, he should be an awesome special teams player.
• Julius Howard intercepted a pass during the pass skeleton portion of drills today, continuing his development as a receiver.
• The receivers had a better, but not great day today. Detron Lewis is the best receiver by leaps and bounds, the rest all have some work to do before their up to snuff.
• Eric Ward was not on the field today, though it doesn't appear that it was due to the massive hit that he received on Wednesday.
• Sam Fehoko had a good day of practice one he was able to determine the difference between two different defensive calls.
• Franklin Mitchem continues to develop next to Davis at strong safety.
• Austin Zouzalik had a strong day during practice today and is slowly but surely forcing his way into the rotation at Y receiver.
• David Neill moved from guard to tackle today and looked surprisingly good.
Offensive player of the day: Baron Batch
Catch of the day: A diving grab by Austin Zouzalik on the end line in the North End zone.
Defensive player of the day: Brian Duncan
Defensive play of the day: The defensive line stuffing the running game on several consecutive plays.
Quote of the day:
"I already thought for you, just play."
Defensive coordinator Ruffin McNeil.