• Brandon Carter was laying on the Jones AT&T turf while the scrimmage was going on, much like a big kid at the beach.
• LaRon Moore had a strong day and started it off well with an interception off of a deflected pass early in practice.
• Taylor Charbonnet also intercepted a pass during practice, though it appears that he is no longer being considered as a return man. Those duties went to Cornelius Douglas, Eric Ward, and Harrison Jeffers.
• The receivers were awful, absolutely terrible throughout the entire day. The only players who had any glimpse of success were former walk-on Alexander Torres, Jacoby Franks, and Austin Zouzalik, though "Zoo" did drop a touchdown pass in the end zone near the end of practice.
• Adrian Reese seems to have benefitted from his red-shirt year and has moved outside to the X receiver position. While not fast, if he can continue to improve his catching abilities then he should be a nightmare for smaller corners in the endzone.
• Britton Barbee had a tremendous day in practice and looks like he might be able to play meaningful snaps this year, if necessary.
• Rajon Henley saw time at left defensive end today, along with time at defensive tackle. It appears that Henley will spend time at left end during run situations and defensive tackle during pass situations.
• David Neill drew the ire of Benny Wylie throughout practice today, apparently because he was holding throughout the day.
• The defensive ends don't seem to be set in any way, shape, or form.
• It appears that it is the time during spring practice where the offense has hit a wall, usually followed by Mike Leach declaring an open quarterback competition followed by improvement in the offense. While the improvement hasn't been seen yet, the "hitting a wall" certainly has.
• Brandon Sesay may not ever be a starting defensive end or defensive tackle, but he will continue to be one of the most motivated defensive linemen on the team. Sesay has also worn three numbers thus far in practice, 90, 47, and most recently 86.
Offensive player of the day: None applicable
Catch of the day: A juggling catch by Jacoby Franks along the West sidelines.
Defensive player of the day: Brandon Sesay
Defensive play of the day: Tip drill interception by Laron Moore early in practice.
Quote of the day:
"Muy bueno, muy bueno. Muy contento."
Defensive coordinator Ruffin McNeil to a scout team linebacker nicknamed "Senor" after a diving interception.