• Alexander Torres, who was a relative unknown as Spring started, had a phenomenal finish and seems to have actually gotten as close as one can to locking down the Z receiver position.
• Harrison Jeffers didn't have a long touchdown today, but he did do a great job running with the ball inside. He did injure himself slightly as practice wore on, but came back in and only had a minor limp.
• With Marlon Winn back in practice, the Texas Tech offensive line looks more like it used to. It seems that Terry McDaniel and Chris Olson will be battling it out for the starting spot at left tackle. Brandon Carter seems to be set at left guard.
• Jacoby Franks had several great catches during practice today, including one that went for a 30+ yard gain.
• Cody Davis and Franklin Mitchem drew the ire of defensive coordinator Ruffin McNeil after they failed to make a call during the team portion of practice. While both are young, the two are working well with the other members of the secondary.
• Julius Howard is starting to look comfortable as a safety and brings a very hard-nosed mentality to that part of the field.
• Adrian Reese had a good, not great day of practice. He did drop several balls that should have been caught but he also caught several touchdowns in the goal line portion of the drills.
• Austin Zouzalik looks much more polished than a red-shirt freshman typically does and he catches the ball extremely well.
• Detron Lewis had several great catches and an eye-opening reception and run down the middle of the field that nearly ended in a touchdown.
• Taylor Potts and Stephen Sheffield both had good days of practice, though Potts definitely looked like the more poised of the two today.
• Blake Kelly had an extremely off-day during 1-on-1 drills and pass-skeleton but made several tough catches during the team drills.
Offensive player of the day: Detron Lewis
Catch of the day: Jacoby Franks with an airborne catch during 1-on-1 drills.
Defensive player of the day: Julius Howard
Defensive play of the day: Jared Flannel with an interception returned for a touchdown.
"This is stealing points right here! It's gotta be automatic!!" Special Teams coach Eric Russell