• Eric Stephens had a good day of practice, and is now emulating former Texas Tech running back Johnny Mack by wearing the number 4. Stephens wasn't as good in practice today as he was last night, his troubles including a fumble, but overall continues to show that he is easily one of the top three running backs on the roster.
• Adam James had an uncharacteristically difficult day catching the football today and also had a fumble during the team portion of practice. James had made huge strides towards forcing himself onto the field throughout the Fall, though today was a minor step in the wrong direction.
• Harrison Jeffers once again had a good day of practice, though it is Stephens that continues to steal the show.
• Colby Whitlock proved that while a running back might be able to run over a safety or a linebacker, it doesn't happen to 6'2" 290+ pound defensive tackles from Oklahoma. Whitlock stopped Stephens dead in his tracks and immediately took the running back to the ground.
• The full "Jet" formation was broken out in practice today with Jamar Wall and LaRon Moore playing the corners, Will Ford playing the "Jet" linebacker position previously held by Jordy Rowland, Taylor Charbonnet playing the "Jet" defensive back position vacated by his older brother Daniel, and Cody Davis along with Franklin Mitchem at the back end. Brian Duncan and Marlon Williams both got looks at the true linebacker portion of this formation.
• Seth Doege took the snaps during team practice today while Stephen Sheffield played during 7-on-7. Sheffield looked crisp while Doege was slightly off at times.
• Chris Olson moved inside to center today with an injury to back-up Justin Keown. With Olson inside, Joe King moved from right guard to left tackle while LaAdrian Waddle was playing right tackle and Deveric Gallington was playing right guard. Lonnie Edwards stayed at left guard in this configuration.
• Baron Batch was moving around towards the end of practice without the extremely restrictive brace that he had been wearing on his left arm.
• Myles Wade had a big stop during practice today. It appears that the rust is coming off of the transfer defensive tackle in sheets and that he might very well be able to play meaningful minutes for the Tech defense early in the season.
• Jacoby Franks had an outstanding day of practice and for the first time this Fall outshone fellow "Z" receiver Alexander Torres.
• Chris Olson laid a nasty downfield block along with Deveric Gallington on Sam Fehoko, though Andre McCorkle didn't catch the screen pass.
Offensive player of the day: Jacoby Franks
Defensive player of the day: Colby Whitlock