• D.J. Johnson may be having the best Fall camp of any of the freshman defensive backs. Johnson had another outstanding day today including several pass break-ups and an NFL style "beat the receiver to the spot" interception in the end zone during team drills.
• Adam James was working with the scout team during the pass skeleton drills.
• Colby Whitlock and the rest of the defensive line were in top shape today, stuffing rungs near the goal line, "tough" sacking quarterbacks, and in general harassing the offense.
• Marlon Williams was wearing number 44 during practice today, though it appears this is only a temporary change as the players were sporting all black jerseys with no trim and white numbers.
• Baron Batch continues to run during practice to keep up his endurance, though he did have issues catching the football during warm-ups.
• Alex Torres is a red-shirt freshman, not a red-shirt junior as an erroneously labeled Texas Tech roster states. Torres is without question the leading candidate to start opposite Eddie Britton as a wide receiver.
• The offense was forced to do up-downs on two separate occasions for lack of concentration and execution, particularly during the screen drill portion of practice.
• Brian Duncan was down on the turf for a brief moment during practice, but jumped back-up and was in on a play several minutes later. It appears that he might have had the wind knocked out of him.
• Bront Bird did not work with the starting linebackers during the pass skeleton portion of practice, these reps went to back-up Tyrone Sonier. Sonier has made a serious push the last several days and while it is unclear if Bird was kept out intentionally, it will be interesting to watch the changes at this position.
Offensive player of the day: Running backs.
Defensive player of the day: The entire defense.