- Talking to Longview head coach John King at noon today to discuss one of Texas Tech's newest commitments, LaDarrin Robertson. You can also see what Scout.com's Greg Powers had to say about the newest future Red Raider and weigh-in on the news here.
- We are now just seven days from beginning fall practices and two-a-days in the Tommy Tuberville era. Players will report to the football facility on Aug. 6 and the first practice is Aug. 7. The first two weeks are normally open to the public so I'm sure Tuberville will be more than happy to accommodate the same. I'm looking into getting an official schedule out real soon.
- Here is how the current 2011 recruitment landscape stands now for Texas Tech:
o WR – 2
o OL – 3
o QB – 1
o RB – 3
o TE – 1
o DL – 2
o DB – 1
o LB – 3
Total – 16
- As of now, the recruiting class is ranked No. 15 by Scout.com – a nice position to be in this early with Texas, Florida and others already stocked up with 20 or more commitments. Now how many of these are hard commits is tough to say. Talking to Greg Powers at Big 12 Media Days, he told me there are a lot of schools who will jump up in the rankings quickly but may fall back a few spots because of the schools that go for late commits during the season and in January after bowl games. Be sure to keep checking back daily with new player rankings coming up in the next two weeks.
- In an exclusive deal now with Fox Sports, you will begin to see plenty of extra content rolling in to RaiderPower.com from all across the nation. As subscribers, you will get more and more written, audio and video content throughout the football season from our new friends at FS Southwest and the other regional sites. Also, be sure to look for more news from myself and Steve Pitts on the air of the Fox Sports Network and online.
o This week: Pitts and I break down some of the things from Media Days.
- I'll have some more video up later today from Big 12 Media Days, highlighting the defense and Tuberville's philosophy on winning championships.