* Barnes was asked why Texas has struggled recently, and he responded by talking about the need to execute.
"I don't want to call it complacency," Barnes said. "I still think it goes back to concentration. It goes back to doing the things you practice, executing and doing the things you talk about."
Still, Barnes conceded that things might have come too easily for the Longhorns early on, and added that it was "human nature," at times for players to look past teams on the schedule, despite warnings from the coaching staff.
"Any given night you can get beat," Barnes said.
* Barnes said that forward Jordan Hamilton was pressing, and added that it affected his defense.
"Sometimes when he isn't playing well offensively he gets impatient on both ends," Barnes said. Barnes credited Hamilton for being competitive, and said that he just tried too hard at times to make the spectacular play to get back on track.
As a team, Barnes said the squad's offensive troubles were contributing to the Longhorns' defensive struggles. He said that poor offensive possessions allowed teams to get out and run, finding easier looks.
* Offensively, the issues are coming from execution, Barnes said.
"It goes back to details and fundamentals," Barnes said. "I can tell you we know what we're supposed to be trying to do."
Barnes said the Longhorns needed to improve their screening and needed to cut and move better without the ball to get the offense running smoothly again.
* Tristan Thompson said that the Longhorns weren't suffering from fatigue, though he admitted that it was an issue in Boulder.
"We find ways to keep ourselves fresh," Thompson said. "Coach Todd makes sure we stay off our feet a lot and eat really well. So we're not tired at all."
Hamilton added that fatigue "shouldn't be an excuse."
"It's not the skill of the man, it's the will of the man," Hamilton said. "We just have to come out and execute in both halves."
* Texas is fighting for a higher seed in the NCAA Tournament, though Hamilton said that wouldn't factor into the Longhorns' motivation.
"We're not worried about the losses," Hamilton said. "We're not worried about how many wins we have. We just want to come out and play basketball."