"Overall, it's about a blended 6 percent ticket price increase overall. Some of the beach front property goes up a bit more than that. We've got about 10,000 seats that we've actually dropped the price on for the first time since 2001.
"We've got an introductory season ticket package at $199. We're trying to keep up with the additional costs brought on by some of the court cases out there - with name, image and likeness and with the additional food service we're doing for student-athletes and with the full cost of attendance increase.
"We want to be able to provide the best we possibly can for our student-athletes, for our fans at the games, to make sure we have the best possible outcomes for our student-athletes, day in and day out."
* Patterson said he favors a new basketball arena on campus when the Erwin Center goes away "in 6 to 8 years" to make room for the new UT medical school.
* When asked about the state of the men's basketball program, Patterson said he hopes the men's team can get on a roll like the women have at the B12 tourney.
* As far as the big picture expectation for basketball, Patterson said he wants to have a program that is consistently in the Top 25 with hopes of "going deep in the tournament." Said mid-majors in basketball make it more competitive because hoops is the No. 1 sport at those schools.
* Patterson said he wants all of UT athletics to finish regularly in the Top 5 in the Director's Cup.
* On gameday experience at FB games, he said commercial announcements during FB games have been reduced 11 percent and cut the time of those. Cut the promotional announcements in-game by 26 percent. Said there aren't any more 30-second commercials during FB games.
* Said he's trying to make sure the best seats at home FB games aren't ending up in the secondary ticket market.
* On Syracuse basketball sanctions, Patterson said, "You have to have a culture of compliance."*****
He added, "What's disappointing is when you see a culture of consistent rule-breaking over time, not just in the athletic department, but across the university.
"For us, we're about winning with integrity, which means we have to have certain standards. And if we fall short, we have to bring it to people's attention and make sure we remedy it.
"By and large, I think most universities operate in an ethical manner. That doesn't mean of the thousands of schools that are out there, and of the half million students competing at major Division I schools that you aren't going to have some mistakes and people falling down from time to time, that's the way of the world."
Not a member of HornsDigest?
Get the best UT recruiting and team coverage for just $4.17 per month!
1. Select the "Annual Pass" option right here.
2. Enjoy HD’s attack-free message board community and unparalleled insider information in HD Only on Wednesday nights!
*****Four-star DE %%MATCH_2%% Highlights
Get 10% off Longhorns tickets, tickets to other sporting events as well as concerts by joining HornsDigest.com. Click here to get discounted tickets!
Get your Longhorns fan gear Right here!