Texas (30-25) at the NCAA Dallas Regional • Friday, May 29 - Monday, June 1
Where: Dallas • Horner Ballpark
Times: Friday, 1:30 p.m. | Saturday, 11 a.m. or 6 p.m. | Sunday, Noon/7 p.m. | Monday, 7 p.m. (if necessary)
TV: ESPN Family of NetworksA LOOK AT THE REGIONAL
• Fresh off of its record fifth Big 12 Tournament championship, Texas was awarded the No. 3 seed in the Dallas Regional hosted by Dallas Baptist, where the Patriots are the No. 1 seed. Oregon State is the No. 2 seed and Virginia Commonwealth is the No. 4 seed in the region.
• The Longhorns (30-25) will open double elimination play Friday, May 29 against the Beavers (38-16-1) at 1:30 p.m. Central.
• UT is making its 57th appearance in an NCAA Regional, most by any school in Division I. Texas is making its 15th appearance in the NCAA Tournament under head coach Augie Garrido, having advanced to nine Super Regionals and to the College World Series eight times (2000, 2002-05, 2009, 2011, 2014).A LOOK AT THE LONGHORNS
• The Longhorns were able to win their record fifth Big 12 Tournament thanks to three complete games and a 1.75 ERA over the four games in Tulsa, a similar effort to the 1.72 mark the team posted in 2014 during 15 games in the postseason.
• With the win in the championship game, the Longhorns have now hit the 30-win mark in 16 of the last 17 seasons.
• Parker French and Connor Mayes earned Co-Most Outstanding Pitcher honors for the tournament. Both threw complete games victories (Mayes' was a shutout) and French picked up an additional victory in relief in the title game.
• Zane Gurwitz was named Big 12 Tournament Most Outstanding Player after going 8-for-13 in the tournament, including a game-winning two-RBI single in the championship game.
• Joe Baker, Tres Barrera, Bret Boswell and Brooks Marlow were also named to the All-Tournament Team for their efforts.
• On May 19, the Big 12 announced that Ben Johnson received first-team All-Big 12 honors and Barrera and French earned second team recognition for their seasons.
• In addition, Boswell, Michael Cantu and Mayes gave UT a league-high three players on the All-Freshman Team.
• The Longhorns have won four straight regional championships (2009, 2010, 2011, 2014).
• Garrido is a win away from number 800 in his 19-year career at Texas. The winningest coach in collegiate history, he has an 81-43 record in 33 NCAA Regional appearances.FOLLOW OUR LIVE THREAD RIGHT HERE!
Not a member of HornsDigest?
Get the best UT recruiting and team coverage for just $4.17 per month!
1. Select the "Annual Pass" option right here.
2. Enjoy HD’s attack-free message board community and unparalleled insider information in HD Only on Wednesday nights!
*****Four-star DT Mike Williams’ Junior Highlights
Get 10% off Longhorns tickets, tickets to other sporting events as well as concerts by joining HornsDigest.com. Click here to get discounted tickets!
Get your Longhorns fan gear Right here!