* Texas' game at Iowa State on Oct. 31 will be at 6 pm on FS1
* Peter Jinkens said his increased production the last three games vs Ok State (9 tackles), TCU (8 tackles) and OU (8 tackles) is because of increased film study with coaches and more time at middle linebacker (with Malik Jefferson playing more outside).
Jinkens said he's more comfortable at middle linebacker than he is at outside linebacker and feels like Jefferson is such an excellent pass rusher that Jefferson does his best work from the outside.
* Paul Boyette said the D-line, especially Poona Ford (shoulder) and Hassan Ridgeway (shoulder), is healthy and ready for Saturday's game.
* Marcus Johnson said the offense's 2-back set out of the shotgun with speed sweep motion has become a staple of UT's run offense "because the defense has to worry about four guys running with the ball - Jerrod (Heard), J Gray, (D'Onta) Foreman and me or Daje (Johnson) on the sweep. It's a lot for a defense to focus on."
* Marcus Johnson said he personally thanked Lorenzo Joe for his blocking on Johnson's 24-yard TD catch against OU.
"I told him, 'That was all you, because of your blocking on that play,'" Johnson said. "His blocking allowed me to slide through and get to the end zone."
* Player after player said they expect Kansas State to come out with the same kind of intensity and focus Texas had after being embarrassed by TCU following the Wildcats' 55-0 whipping at home by OU - ending KSU's 234-game scoring streak, dating to 1991.
" They're going to hear about it all week, and they're going to come here with so much emotion," Marcus Johnson said.
"We played these guys last year, and they kicked our tail," said DT Paul Boyette. "We lost to TCU 50-7, and they (KSU) had a chance to beat TCU, so we know we need to come out here Saturday at 11 am ready to put on a show."
Johnathan Gray said Texas was disorganized on offense last year at K-State.
"Guys were missing signals, and there were breakdowns in communication," Gray said. "We didn't put up any points. Guys weren't focused. Things were a little disorganized. We know that can't happen again, because K-State's coming in here mad."
Added Sed Flowers on why K-State has won 6 of the last 7 games against Texas: "They've played their game, and we haven't played our game. I don't know if guys have taken what they see on film for granted, because what you see on film doesn't always look the best. But it works. And that's what guys have to realize."
Duke Thomas said every Texas player this week needs to be thinking, "If I don't do my job, we're going to lose. I think earlier in the season, guys were looking to see if other guys were doing their job. And that got us. Now, everyone knows they just have to do their job to make this thing work."