Texas (6-3) vs. Appalachian State (2-6)
Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2015 - 7 p.m. Central
Frank Erwin Center (16,540) - Austin, Texas
GameDay Quick Facts
• Television: The game will be televised nationally by Longhorn Network. Lowell Galindo (pxp), Lance Blanks (analyst) and Jane Slater (reporter) will call the action.
• Radio: The Longhorn IMG Radio Network broadcast every UT game on the statewide network. Craig Way (pxp) and Eddie Oran (analyst) will call the action. Check www.TexasSports.com for a listing of affiliates carrying the game.
• Series: Texas leads, 1-0. Last meeting: Texas 78-43 (Jan. 2, 2009; Austin).
• FELIX NEARS 1,000-POINT CLUB: Senior guard Javan Felix enters Tuesday's game just seven points shy of reaching the 1,000-point milestone. He will become the 35th player in UT history to join the 1,000-point club. Felix had a season-high 25 points, including the game-winner at the buzzer, in Saturday's win against #3/3 North Carolina.
• HONORING THE PAST: UT's 1989-90 NCAA "Elite 8" team (also known as the "Texas BMW" - featuring the guard trio of Lance Blanks, Travis Mays and Joey Wright) will be recognized at halftime of Tuesday's game.
• RIDLEY SEES DOUBLE, AGAIN: Senior center Cameron Ridley recorded his third double-double of the season with his 12-point, 13-rebound effort in Saturday's home win against #3/3 North Carolina. He leads the team in rebounding (9.9 rpg) and blocks (24, 2.7 bpg) and ranks second in scoring (12.3 ppg) while converting 66.7% (46-of-69) of his field goal attempts this season.