Please chime in with your thoughts!
Huge opportunity for the Horns this week with tonight's game and then on Saturday at ISU.
I spoke about tonight's game during the final segment of the Horns Digest Show, which you can watch up above.
The country has taken notice of the job that Shaka Smart and his staff are doing in Austin.
Understandably absent from the polls prior to this week [See: Cam Ridley injury], the Longhorns are now ranked No. 24 in the AP Poll and No. 25 in the coaches poll.
This marks UT’s first appearance in both polls in the Smart era. It also marks the first appearance by Texas in The AP Top 25 since the Longhorns were No. 25 on Feb. 2, 2015. It is the first appearance in the Coaches poll since the Longhorns were ranked No. 20 on Jan. 26, 2015.
As it stands right now UT (16-7 overall, 7-3 in Big 12 play) has wins over No. 9 North Carolina, No. 10 West Virginia, No. 14 Iowa State, and No. 21 Baylor.
Texas plays No. 3 OU in Norman tonight and then goes to ISU on Saturday to play the Cyclones.
The Longhorns still have home games against WVU, BU, OU and No. 6 Kansas.
For those wondering, Texas A&M is No. 15, seven spots down from where it was last week after losing both games a week ago.
#24/25 Texas (16-7, 7-3 Big 12) at #3/3 Oklahoma (19-3, 7-3 Big 12)
Monday, Feb. 8, 2016 - 8 p.m. Central
Lloyd Noble Center (11,528) - Norman, Oklahoma
GameDay Quick Facts
• Television: The game will be televised nationally by ESPN. Brent Musburger (pxp) and Fran Fraschilla (analyst) will call the action.
• Radio: The Longhorn IMG Radio Network broadcast every UT game on the statewide network. Craig Way (pxp) and Eddie Oran (analyst) will call the action. Check www.TexasSports.com for a listing of affiliates carrying the game.
• Series: Oklahoma leads, 52-35. Last meeting: Oklahoma 71-69 (Feb. 17, 2015; Norman).
• HORNS ON A ROLL: The Horns have won seven of their last eight games entering Monday's contest in Norman. This stretch includes a home OT victory against No. 17/18 Iowa State and a pair of impressive road wins at No. 6/7 West Virginia and No. 15/13 Baylor.
• SUCCESS AGAINST THE BEST: Texas is 4-1 this year against AP Top 20 opponents, including a 2-1 mark in true road games against AP Top 15 teams. The Horns also are 2-1 this season against AP Top 10 teams with wins against No. 3 North Carolina and at No. 6 West Virginia.
• TAYLOR ON POINT IN BIG 12 PLAY: Junior point guard Isaiah Taylor has recorded 56 assists against just 13 turnovers (4.3 ratio) in Big 12 Conference play. He also is averaging 15.9 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.7 steals per game and converting 83.3% from the free throw line in league action.