* Too much Georges Niang in the first half (15 points) and too much Monte Morris in the second half (19 points ). Both Niang and Morris finished with 24 points.
* Uneven officiating both ways.
* In a one possession game at the time, Cyclones finish by hitting their last 3 shots and Horns finish by making 2 of last 12 FGs, 1 of last 8 and 0-of-5 FGs.
* Pretty much the only the Longhorns to show up in the second half were Javan Felix (13 of his 18 points in the second half) and Tevin Mack (12 of his 18 points) and Prince Ibeh (8 of his 10 points).
* Cyclones end up shooting 55 percent, compared to UT's 41 percent. Much of that was tied to the 3-point shooting: ISU was an efficient 6-of-11 (55 percent) while Texas went 8-of-28 (29 percent).
* Connor Lammert, who went 1-of-8 FG at OU on Monday, was 0-of-3 FG vs ISU - making him 1-of-11 FG the last two games. Both losses (at OU and at ISU).
* Isaiah Taylor going 1-of-8 FG in the second half - after going 2-of-6 in the first half - certainly didn't help. He finished 3-of-14 FG.
* After Texas cut ISU's lead to 3 on a 3 by Tevin Mack - Isaiah Taylor missed his last 4 FG attempts, including 2 FG attemps in a single possession.