* WR John Burt did not take part in the scrimmage because he's running hurdles in the Texas Relays today.
* S Dylan Haines left the field (and did not return) with what appeared to be a knee injury.
* OL Alex Anderson also left the field (and did not return) with what appeared to be a nasty ankle sprain.
* Offense was running high-tempo and got in 165 plays during the two-hour scrimmage.
* The offense appeared to get the better of the defense overall, although CB Antwuan Davis recorded 2 INTs and Malik Jefferson had a couple big stops near the goal line.
* Tyrone Swoopes worked with the offense first and then Shane Buechele. No other QBs got reps.
* Swoopes ran for a couple TDs and also threw a TD pass to Caleb Bluiett.
* Buechele ran several bootlegs and was the better passer on the day. He threw a TD pass on a seam route inside the 20 to Lorenzo Joe. Buechele had a couple deep passes that were dropped by receivers, including one in the corner of the end zone.
* DeAndre McNeal caught a number of passes - as did Bluiett. Offense was focusing on the tight end a lot today.
* Collin Johnson caught the third-most passes on the day (behind McNeal and Bluiett) with Burt out of action. Johnson caught an impressive, 20-yard curl route from Swoopes.
* Also hearing Armanti Foreman had a good overall week of practice and is paying much closer attention to detail, especially when it comes to downfield blocking.
* Chris Warren ran the ball well, and D'Onta Foreman scored on a TD run while grabbing his abdominal muscle. Charlie Strong told him he was fine and to get in shape.
* Roderick Bernard continues to play a big role as a change of pace RB. Today he got mostly jet sweeps but made big plays.
* The field goal unit did not have a good day. Apparently, there were problems with the snaps that didn't improve until Jak Holbrook apparently replaced Kyle Ashby.
* Both kickers - Evan Moore and Jon Coppens - struggled with FGs, even when the snap was OK, and coaches are already looking into transfer candidates (possibly from Australia - where Texas found P Michael Dickson).