Texas held practice No. 11 of spring football Thursday afternoon. Here are some notes I picked up from a few sources in attendance for Thursday's practice.
- The quarterback rotation remained the same. Shane Buechele and Tyrone Swoopes took all QB reps. Kai Locksley was dressed out for practice but did not see any action. Swoopes took more first-team reps than Buechele, but Buechele did get some work in with the ones.
- The first-team o-line returned to what is looking to be a somewhat set lineup of RT Kent Perkins, RG Patrick Vahe, C Zach Shackelford, LG Brandon Hodges and LT Connor Williams.
- DeShon Elliott took many first string safety reps in place of Dylan Haines. I was told Kevin Vacarro also saw some first-team safety action Thursday. As Jason Higdon reported Saturday evening, Haines is likely out for the remainder of spring after sustaining a severe cut on his knee last week.
- Charles Omenihu is looking like a potential starter at defensive end. He ran with the first-team d-line alongside Poona Ford, Chris Nelson and Naashon Hughes.
- Collin Johnson had a number of solid catches Thursday and scored a touchdown on a fade route while being covered by Kris Boyd during team 11-on-11 drills. Johnson, Armanti Foreman and John Burt consistently ran with the first string offense, according to a source.
- D'Onta Foreman practiced, but was in a green shell and did not see contact. Foreman is recovering from a rib injury he suffered during last Saturday's scrimmage.
- Jacorey Warrick had a decent amount of catches in 11-on-11. He saw a lot of first string action at inside receiver.null