I spoke with some people who were in attendance for the Longhorns final practice before the Orange-White spring game. Here are some notable nuggets from Thursday's practice.
- Practice was more low key today. The team was working out in shorts, shells and no pads.
- Shane Buechele and Tyrone Swoopes took equal reps running with first and second team. Swoopes started off with the first team offense during 11-on-11 drills, but the reps equalled out as the practice went on.
- One source said D'Onta Foreman looked really good Thursday and looks to be back to 100 percent following his rib injury.
- I was told Naashon Hughes had a good day. He sacked Swoopes and tipped one of Buechele's passes during 11-on-11.
- Breckyn Hager was running second team defensive end. Chip first reported this change following Tuesday's practice, and Hager is still playing at Fox end.
- It sounds like Buechele has really impressed people with his running ability. I was told he extended a lot of plays with his legs during 11-on-11 and had some long runs against the first team defense.