The vote on new salaries for Texas football coaching assistants were part of the regents' agenda for meetings on May 11 and 12.
The new contracts for Texas assistant coaches approved by the regents also include a $7,500 car allowance and a membership to the UT Golf Club:
* Defensive line coach Brick Haley, who was courted by Texas A&M (whose defense is led by John Chavis, who was Haley's LB coach in college and gave Haley is first college coaching position), is going from a base salary of $460,000 ($235,000 from Texas and $225,000 from LSU last season) to $495,000 for 2016-17.
Haley has a clause in his proposed contract that would allow him to go to $515,000 in base salary in 2017-18.
* Tight ends coach Jeff Traylor, who was considered for a couple offensive coordinator positions elsewhere after last season, is going from $245,000 annually to $350,000 with the additional title of passing game coordinator for the 2016-17 school year.
* Strength coach Pat Moorer is going from $330,000 to $350,000
* The salaries of new football assistant coaches:
- Defensive backs coach Clay Jennings - $400,000
- Receivers coach Charlie Willliams - $375,000
- RB coach Anthony Johnson - $325,000