Here are a few things I picked up about Tuesday's closed practice:
- How about another position change for a quarterback?
I heard Kai Locksley was solely taking reps at wide receiver Tuesday and was no longer wearing the black, protected quarterback jersey. Instead, he was wearing a burnt orange, offense practice jersey.
Lockley is working at inside receiver - primarily with the third team - and caught at least one pass from Matthew Merrick, I heard.
- D'Onta Foreman, Chris Warren and Kyle Porter were all full go at practice. Kirk Johnson is apparently still limited with an ankle injury.
- With Tristan Nickelson still nursing an ankle injury, Brandon Hodges continues to get the most first-team reps at right tackle. Jake McMillon is still getting the first-team reps at center with Zach Shackelford still recovering from his ankle injury.
- Most of the first-team reps at quarterback went to ...
NOT A MEMBER OF THE HORNSDIGEST FAMILY?
Get the best UT recruiting and team coverage for just $4.17 per month!
1. Select the "Annual Pass" option RIGHT HERE.
2. Enjoy HD’s attack-free message board community, where you are pulling up a bar stool among friends, and, of course, unparalleled insider information from Chip Brown, who has 25 years worth of connections covering Texas and is all over Big 12 realignment; Jason Higdon, the Yoda of Texas recruiting; and team and recruiting coverage from Taylor Estes!