Here's what Charlie Strong had to say on his Big 12 coaches conference call earlier this morning:
- If Strong had to pick only one area to work on defense this week, the head coach said "without a doubt deep balls." The biggest issue is the guys aren't using their eyes in man coverage because the wide receiver's eyes will take the defender to the football.
- Texas is eager to be back home this week against Iowa State and to be in front of its own fans.
- Strong did notice an improvement in the tackling, but the end of the day there wasn't enough improvement with the final score.
- When asked what is creating the issues with deep balls in the Big 12, Strong said with the spread offenses in this league if a defender doesn't make a play on a deep ball, Big 12 receivers will come down with it. Strong reiterated this is why it is so important for DBs to keep their eyes on receivers.
- Strong said he keeps telling the team to not worry about his job security and to keep their focus on the games. He said it isn't the players job to worry about him, he will handle his own business.
Charlie Strong held his weekly press conference Monday.
NOT A MEMBER OF THE HORNSDIGEST FAMILY?
Get the best UT recruiting and team coverage for just $4.17 per month!
1. Select the "Annual Pass" option RIGHT HERE.
2. Enjoy HD’s attack-free message board community, where you are pulling up a bar stool among friends, and, of course, unparalleled insider information from Chip Brown, who has 25 years worth of connections covering Texas and is all over Big 12 realignment; Jason Higdon, the Yoda of Texas recruiting; and team and recruiting coverage from Taylor Estes!