S DYLAN HAINES
* With his two interceptions against OU, Haines now has 11 career INTs with 238 yards in INT return yardage. Only Texas' Chris Carter (1993-96) has more INT return yardage with 261.
* Haines said coach Charlie Strong "added some different things to the scheme and coverages" - including playing more man coverage.
"At first, we were doing well in man and bringing pressure," Haines said of the OU game. "But as the game went on, we had some blown coverages."
* OU was 4-of-4 on red zone scoring chances - three of them were TDs with one FG. On the season, teams are scoring in the red zone against Texas 88.9 percent of the time (16 of 18 with 12 of those TDs). Only Iowa State (89.7 percent, 26 of 29, 20 TDs) and Texas Tech (95.7 percent, 22 of 23, 16 TDs) are worse in the Big 12.
"When you watch the tape, we were just turning guys free, Haines said. "Other teams hold us to field goals in the red zone, and we just can't get it done. We're turning guys free in the red zone, and teams are going to keep picking at us with rub routes and other things that exploit what they see as a weakness in our scheme.
"We just have to be more disciplined, because we haven't been."
* Haines calls last year's Iowa State game "a complete nightmare."
NOT A MEMBER OF THE HORNSDIGEST FAMILY?
Get the best UT recruiting and team coverage for just $4.17 per month!
1. Select the "Annual Pass" option RIGHT HERE.
2. Enjoy HD’s attack-free message board community, where you are pulling up a bar stool among friends, and, of course, unparalleled insider information from Chip Brown, who has 25 years worth of connections covering Texas and is all over Big 12 realignment; Jason Higdon, the Yoda of Texas recruiting; and team and recruiting coverage from Taylor Estes!