UT Official Visit Update: Roy Miller

Killeen Shoemaker DT <b>Roy Miller</b> returned from his UT official visit and we caught up with him to get the details...<p>

"I had a great time and so did my parents," Roy Miller told Scout.com. "They loved it. And, I'd give the visit a "9" overall."

His player host was D-I standout Rod Wright.

"We got along good, real good," said the state's No. 22. "He's really cool. I could see myself being mentored by him next year."

The 6-1/6-2, 295-pounder said he also spoke with Mack Brown and Greg Robinson.

"Coach Brown said I remind them a lot of Casey Hampton," Miller said. "And, they were telling me how much they wanted me. They said they see me playing in the rotation as a true freshman the first game of the season."

That means quite a bit to the 4-star blue-chipper...

"That's exciting for a lot of players looking forward to playing early, and with my situation of not wanting to redshirt, it's definitely something I'm looking forward to."

Miller went on to say that his relationship with Texas DC Robinson has progressed in a manner that they no longer talk about football stuff as much as the talk about "other things."

On the Shoemaker standout's immediate agenda may very well be an official visit to UCLA. Which may also be his last official visit.

"I'd like to take an official visit to UCLA next weekend (12/17)," Miller said. "And, after that, not sure I'll have time to take anymore. I want to spend more time with my dad and I also want to get ready for that (U.S. Army AA) game. So not much time left in December to do much of anything else and there's a lot of things going on in January also. So that may be my last official visit."

While the Horns are given a "70 percent chance" to land Miller's John Hancock, the Bruins, Sooners and anyone else combine for just 30 percent chance of snagging him come Signing Day, '05. So at this point, it's looking very good on Miller for Mack Brown/Greg Robinson and Co.


Horns Digest Top Stories