Up at the top, things are getting scrabbled. With Ohio State's loss, LSU moves into the No. 1 spot and Oregon is close behind at No. 2. Five different teams hold first-place votes in the AP and Coaches' Polls. LSU, Oregon, Kansas, Oklahoma and West Virginia all hold at least one first-place vote.
In the BCS standings, your top five is LSU, Oregon, Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri. Three of the top five teams in the nation are from the Big 12 Conference. The Longhorns are the only other Big 12 team in the Top 25.
It would require a confluence of circumstances, but a BCS bowl is still within reach for Texas, especially with the Horns moving closer and closer to the top after each win.
BCS Standings (The games remaining for the teams in front of Texas are in parenthesis)
1. LSU -- (at Mississippi, Arkansas)
2. Oregon -- (at Arizona, at UCLA, Oregon State)
3. Kansas -- (Iowa State, No. 5 Missouri)
4. Oklahoma -- (at Texas Tech, Oklahoma State)
5. Missouri -- (at Kansas State, at No. 3 Kansas)
6. West Virginia -- (at No. 22 Cincinnati, No. 24 Connecticut, Pittsburgh)
7. Ohio State -- (at No. 21 Michigan)
8. Arizona State -- (No. 11 USC, at Arizona)
9. Georgia -- (No. 23 Kentucky, at Georgia Tech)
10. Virginia Tech -- (Miami, at No. 14 Virginia)
11. USC -- (at No. 8 Arizona State, UCLA)
12. Florida -- (Florida Atlantic, Florida State)
17. Boston College
18. Boise State