Of course, there also remains the very unlikely chance that Texas would enter the BCS as the Big 12 Champion, but to make the trip to San Antonio to take on the winner of Kansas-Missouri in the conference title game, Oklahoma would have to lose both of its remaining games.
One down, one to go.
With the Sooners' 34-27 loss to Texas Tech on Saturday night, the possibly of the Longhorns making the Big 12 title game just got a little stronger. It would take an OU loss to Oklahoma State in Norman and Texas taking care of business against Texas A&M in College Station, but that's not an impossible occurrence.
LSU maintained its hold on the top spot in college football with a win over Mississippi, but No. 2 changed due to Oregon's upset loss to Arizona. The undefeated Kansas Jayhawks stepped up into the No. 2 spot and the West Virginia Mountaineers are the No. 3 team in the land. Around the rest of the Big 12, Missouri Tigers are at No. 4 and Oklahoma fell to 10th after the loss to the Red Raiders. Texas remains the only other Big 12 team in the Top 25.
BCS Standings (The games remaining for the teams in front of Texas are in parenthesis)
1. LSU -- (Arkansas)
2. Kansas -- (No. 5 Missouri)
3. West Virginia -- (No. 24 Connecticut, Pittsburgh)
4. Missouri -- (at No. 3 Kansas)
5. Ohio State -- (No games remaining)
6. Arizona State -- (No. 11 USC, at Arizona)
7. Georgia -- (at Georgia Tech)
8. Virginia Tech -- (at No. 14 Virginia)
9. Oregon -- (at UCLA, Oregon State)
10. Oklahoma -- (Oklahoma State)
11. USC -- (at No. 8 Arizona State, UCLA)
12. Florida -- (Florida State)
14. Boston College
19. Boise State
23. South Florida