Texas has seemingly always produced the most number of BCS conference and Football Bowl Subdivision (formerly D1) football scholarships. According to Scout.com's Director of Recruiting Scott Kennedy, the 2009 class was more of the same as Texas had 384 players sign Football Bowl Subdivision scholarships besting runner-up Florida who had 315. When looking at just BCS conference signees, the gap narrows but Texas still retained the top spot with 190 while Florida had 183.
In total, Texas already has commitments from Bible, Dixon, #41 Reggie Wilson, #49 Adrian White, #55 Connor Wood, #62 Trey Hopkins, and #87 Bryant Jackson. The Longhorns have also already offered home state stars Jeffcoat, Seastrunk, #31 Corey Nelson, #34 Darius White, and #99 Jake Matthews. In addition, the Longhorns have extended out-of-state offers to Ohio's Jordan Hicks (#12), Louisiana's Trovon Reed (#19), and Oklahoma's Demarco Cobbs (#32). Texas also invited Georgia's Tai-ler Jones (#81) to a Junior Day.
The sixteen Texans are:
6. DE Jackson Jeffcoat
7. RB Lache Seastrunk
11. DT Taylor Bible (committed to Texas)
21. S Ahmad Dixon (committed to Texas)
31. LB Corey Nelson
34. WR Darius White
41. DE Reggie Wilson (committed to Texas)
47. OT Evan Washington
49. CB Adrian White (committed to Texas)
52. WR Mike Davis (committed to LSU)
55. QB Connor Wood (committed to Texas)
62. OT Trey Hopkins (committed to Texas)
67. LB Shaun Lewis
75. QB Scotty Young (committed to Texas Tech)
87. S Bryant Jackson (committed to Texas)
99. OT Jake Matthews
For the entire Scout 100 list, you can read it here.