* With the win, the Longhorns improved to 97-17-3 in season openers all-time. The win was the 833rd all-time.
* Chalk up another win for head coach Mack Brown. He now has 202 career wins with a career-record of 202-100-1. Mack Brown improved to 11-1 in season openers, including 10 in a row. The Longhorns have outscored their opponents in season openers 585-136.
* The Longhorns scored 50 points for the 38th time in the Mack Brown era.
* Texas posted 500 yards or more of offense for the 40th time in the Mack Brown era.
* Sixteen Longhorns saw action in their first game Saturday night. Tyrell Higgins, Jamison Berryhill, Ryan Roberson, D.J. Monroe, DeSean Hales, Luke Poehlmann and Brock Fitzhenry saw the field for the first time. True freshman to play were Alex Okafor, Kenny Vaccaro, Calvin Howell, Garrett Gilbert, Marquise Goodwin, Barrett Matthews and Marcus Davis.
* Alex Okafor recorded four tackles, including two for loss.
* Garrett Gilbert completed four of five passes for 46 yards and scored on a 12-yard run, his first career rushing attempt.
* Marquise Goodwin caught three passes for 39 yards and returned a kick-off 18 yards. The kick-off return was the first touch of his career.
* Kenny Vaccaro recorded six tackles.
* The Longhorns didn't record a sack for the first time in 12 games dating back to last season's opener against Florida Atlantic.
* Texas running back lost two fumbles on the night. The Longhorn running backs didn't lose a fumble the entire season in 2008.
* The first career touch for red shirt freshman D.J. Monroe went 89 yards for a touchdown on a kick off return. Monroe returned two kickoffs for 111 yards. He added 64 yards on nine attempts for 175 all-purpose yards on the night.
* Sam Acho recovered his first career-fumble.
* Cody Johnson tied a career-high with three touchdown runs. The sophomore now has 15 career rushing touchdowns after posting 12 last season.
* Dan Buckner set career-highs with five receptions for 62 yards.
* Nolan Brewster recoded his first career interception.
* With 317 yards passing, Colt McCoy recorded his 11th career 300-yard game as well as his 30th game of 200 yards or more.
* McCoy recorded his 18th straight game with a touchdown pass.
* McCoy passed the 10,000 career passing yardage mark. The senior is the first Texas player to ever accomplish the feat.
* With two touchdown passes, McCoy added to his school record of 87 career touchdown passes.
* Shipley recorded a career-high 180 receiving yards.
* The 78-yard catch and run was the longest of his career.
* Shipley recorded his fourth career game of 100 yards or more receiving.
* Texas set a record for attendance on Saturday at 101, 596. It was the first game of 100,00 or more fans in Texas history.
* Saturday marked the 54th consecutive home sellout.
Warhawks Get Paid
ULM got paid $850, 000 to come to Austin and play Saturday night.