Jeff Reed of AState Nation answers our questions to familiarize ourselves with the Red Wolves prior to Friday's matchup.
1) What's going on with the A-State Quarterback situation?
Two talented guys; one with way more experience. Chad Voytik is a graduate transfer from Pitt and Justice Hansen, who started at Oklahoma, is a juco transfer with 3 years to play. Similar in a lot of way, both can throw and run. Hansen is larger, bit more bullish. I expect to see bothFriday night.
2) What's the biggest question about the Red Wolves this fall?
Obviously who would win the QB job, but who would fill in the skill spots on the offense. A lot of talented guys but not much actually experience.
3) What will be the biggest strength for the Red Wolves this fall?
Right now you'd have to say the defensive front. But the defense as a whole expects to be good -- big up front and fast in the back 7. Hard to gauge in early work because at times they dominated the offensive front and you wondered were they that good.
4) Player to watch out for (one offensively, one defensively)?
How about 2 on offense - QBs Voytik and Hansen. I think both get early playing time and the coaches go with the hot hand. Defense: Xavier Woodson-Luster. He has the ability to play more than just linebacker.
5) What will the game come down to in your mind?
Toledo's offensive line vs. Arkansas State's defensive line. IF the Red Wolves can slow the Rockets' running game, something that hasn't happened in the two previous meetings we should be a very competitive game.
6) What will the national spotlight be like with Toledo? Describe the atmosphere in Jonesboro.
Lively. You will have the hard core fans there. It is the opening night for a lot of high school football teams, something that is pretty big in the south.
Stay posted to A-State Nation and Toledo Scout for the best coverage of the matchup. You can check out Jeff Reed and the Red Wolves by clicking here