Some Notes from Practice #2:
- Practice continued on the second of the two-a-day practices inside the Saint's Practice facility. Players and Coaches were thankful to be out of the heat and humidity as they practiced inside with just helmets on.
- As Coach Johnson mentioned after the earlier practice, the tempo was increased for the evening session. Players ran through drills with very little downtime all while absorbing the little details this coaching staff loves to offer in order to achieve perfection.
- The offense worked on short to intermediate routes against air and in a 7 on 7 drill. All Receivers, Tight Ends, and Running Backs caught balls as QB's threw to primary routes and balls were thrown to the secondary and check down routes at the same time. The offense even worked in some no-huddle and checking plays at the line if the defense showed something different.
- Ryan Griffin again looked very sharp, especially in the pocket. Devin Powell again showed off his arm with some high velocity throws from that easy motion we have all heard so much about.
- Defense went through many technique drills and coaching moments as they worked on coverage. Defensive Backs went through a drill that paired them up and made them stay connected at the hip while they ran around the field. Again, coaches were looking more for the technical aspects rather than running them to death.
- Special Teams work included punt and kickoff return. Kickoff return alternated 2 and 1 deep return back with several running backs getting the call to return, including Strozier.
8/13 Practice #2 Notes
Tulane Insider Top Stories
History repeats itself with ChristopherLike his older brother, 2020 shooting guard Joshua Christopher snags his first scholarship offer from California.
BearTerritory.netYesterday at 2:06 PM
In-state wing Kopp talks SMU visitSMU hosted Houston Christian wing Miller Kopp for an unofficial visit on June 20. He recaps the visit and talks about where his recruitment stands with PonyStampede.
Pony StampedeYesterday at 10:30 AM
Top junior’s Irish return hits the markSteven Faucheux got back to Notre Dame last weekend to learn. Defensive line coach Mike Elston made sure that happened. Now the junior defensive lineman is already looking at an…
IrishIllustrated.comYesterday at 10:05 AM
Fact or Fiction: Redskins offense dropoff?The Breaking Burgundy team gives their prediction on the Washington Redskins upcoming season.
Breaking BurgundyYesterday at 5:00 AM