"I'm just ready to do it, I want to get it done," Willis said. "I took all my visits and I feel really good about my decision. I told the coach tonight and will make it public tomorrow at 7:00 (MT).
[Update: Willis will now announce on FoxSportsArizona.com in a live stream. Here's the link.]
"It will be Arizona State, LSU, Florida State or UCLA. They're all good schools and I enjoyed visiting with each of them. I have a lot of respect for all of those coaches and how they recruited me but in the end, I followed my heart and chose the school that I think gives me the best chance to succeed in football and in the classroom."
It didn't appear Goodman was ready to make his decision as he has only taken two official visits and was adamant all year about wanting to take his time and go on all five of his official visits.
"My final five are LSU, Oklahoma, UCLA, USC and Washington. I only took official visits to OU and UCLA but I took an unofficial visit to Washington and loved it there, I've been to USC a 1,000 times and I've always loved LSU and they recruited me as hard as anyone.
"Everything came together pretty fast for me in the end. I have been leaning to one of the schools for a while but I didn't know when I would decide. I'm playing in the West Coast Bowl this weekend and I don't know if I want to visit that last weekend before Signing Day so it just seemed like a good time to get this done."
Both Willis and Goodman said another reason for the early commitment was to start recruiting other players to join them at the school they choose.
"I want to have the best recruiting class possible," Willis said. "I think I can help talk to some of the guys out there that I know really well and get them to join me. At least that's my plan right now."
As for the rumored package deal, Goodman said people will just have to wait and find out.
"Me and Priest are tight, everyone knows that," Goodman said. "At the end of the day, we both had to choose the school that was best for us though. I'm not going to lie, we have talked in the past about playing together but everyone will just have to see what happens tomorrow if that's really going to go down or not."
BRO EDITOR'S ADDITION:
Goodman, the four-star safety from Rancho Cucamonga (Calif.), will make his announcement at his school at 2:30 p.m.
Willis, the five-star corner prospect, has indicated he'll announce his decision at 6:00 p.m PST on FoxSportsArizona.com. Here's the link for the live stream.
As of now, there isn't a plan to televise either announcment. But Scout.com will be at both announcements to give you the first-hand account of the proceedings.
Both Goodman and Willis, who became close through their recruitments, are widely expected to announce for UCLA. It's been pretty well accepted for a while that they've told the UCLA staff they were coming. They have consistently said they wanted to play in college together, actually saying it was an "85%" chance they would. They only have two schools in common that are among their finalists, UCLA and LSU, and Goodman never officially visited LSU, cancelling his visit last weekend to take an unofficial to UCLA to be with Willis on his UCLA official.
Goodman visited just Oklahoma besides UCLA. But he had offers and very strong interest from the likes of USC, Florida, Nebraska, Washington, LSU, Texas A&M and many others. It was speculated originally that he would break with Willis and go to USC, but a few months ago Goodman became pretty locked in to UCLA.
Willis and Goodman will be UCLA's top-ranked commitments, both being Scout.com Top 100 national prospects. Willis is #41 nationally, and Goodman is #63.
Willis will be UCLA's first commitment from a five-star prospect, and highest ranked at his position, being the #4-ranked cornerback in the nation, and #1 in the west.
Goodman will be UCLA's second highest-ranked commitment, the #7-ranked safety nationally, and the #3 safety in the west (UCLA, in fact, just got a commitment from the #4 safety in the west, Tyler Foreman, from Encino Crespi).
The two said previously they were going to wait until Signing Day to announce, but changed their mind, citing that they wanted to make the announcment sooner so they can publicly start recruiting for the school of their choice.