• UCLA will host the Oregon Ducks Saturday, Oct. 11, at 12:30 p.m. (PST) at the Rose Bowl. The game will be televised by FOX with Gus Johnson, Charles Davis, and Molly McGrath on the call.
• The Bruins are ranked #18/#17, and Oregon is #12/#11.
• UCLA is 4-1, and 1-1 in the Pac-12 after the heartbreaking defeat against Utah last Saturday, 30-28.
• Oregon is 4-1 and 1-1 after its own heartbreaking 31-24 defeat against Arizona.
• UCLA leads the all-time series, 39-27, but Oregon has won the last five meetings. The last UCLA win in the series came in 2007, when UCLA beat the Ducks 16-0 at home in the Rose Bowl. The Ducks were ranked #9th in the country, but were without their quarterback, Dennis Dixon, so UCLA’s defense limited the Ducks to just 148 total yards. UCLA’s quarterbacks, Osaar Rashaan and Ben Olson, completed just four passes for 64 yards in that game.
• The Bruins own a 27-13 edge in games played in Los Angeles, but are 6-7 against the Ducks in the Rose Bowl.
• In the last three games against the Ducks (2013, 2011 for the Pac-12 Championship Game, and 2010), UCLA has lost by a total of 151-58.
• Since 2000, UCLA is 2-9 against Oregon. Before the 21st century, however, UCLA dominated the Ducks. In the 1990s, UCLA went 6-2. In the 1980s: 5-2. In the 1970s: 8-1. In the 1960s and 1950s: 8-1.
• This year is only the sixth time in history UCLA and Oregon have played each other when they were ranked, and Oregon holds a 3-2 lead in those games. UCLA is 2-1, however, in games when both teams were ranked played in Los Angeles.
• In an interesting quirk, with the loss to Utah, the Bruins have now lost the game immediately preceding Oregon in each of the last five seasons the two teams have met. In games immediately preceding Oregon over those five seasons, UCLA has been outscored 163 to 61.
• The Ducks have not lost back-to-back games in a single season since 2007, when Oregon lost three straight after Dennis Dixon got hurt.
• Oregon last played UCLA in the Rose Bowl in 2009, when the Ducks won 24-10, but Oregon has played in the Rose Bowl twice since then, losing to Ohio State in the 2010 Rose Bowl and then beating Wisconsin in the 2012 Rose Bowl.
• UCLA has actually appeared in more Pac-12 Championship games than Oregon, with the Ducks being shut out of the game by Stanford the last two years.
• Mark Helfrich, the Oregon head coach, is in his second year at the helm in Eugene. Helfrich is an Oregon native, having grown up just two hours away from Eugene. He was actually offered the opportunity to walk on at Oregon out of high school, but elected instead to play at Southern Oregon. Helfrich (40) served as the offensive coordinator under Chip Kelly from 2009 to 2012 before being promoted after Kelly departed for the Philadelphia Eagles in January 2013. Helfrich has a 15-3 record as the head coach, and has tried to continue Kelly’s traditions of up-tempo offense and a run-heavy scheme. He has earned a reputation as a good developer of quarterbacks, taking unheralded talents like Jeremiah Masoli, Darron Thomas, and, yes, Marcus Mariota and molding them into excellent spread quarterbacks (though he admittedly had quite a talent to work with in Mariota). He did draw some criticism for his 11-2 record last year, though, from a fanbase that has grown entitled to a great deal of success in Eugene.
• So far this year, Oregon has been a more dominant passing team than a rushing team, for perhaps the first time since Chip Kelly arrived in Eugene. Through five games this year, the Ducks have managed 17 touchdowns passing against 12 rushing. If the ratio continues that way, it will be the first time since 2005 that Oregon has more touchdowns passing than rushing.
• In the last two weeks, against Arizona and Washington State, the Ducks have zero rushing touchdowns.
• The Ducks are favored by three points.
• For the third straight week, UCLA will play in the heat. Game time temperature is expected to be in the low 90s.
Game Week: Oregon Facts and Factors
Bruin Report Online Top Stories
Photo Gallery: Under Armour Camp & Adidas 7v7Feb. 22 -- We have a big photo gallery of UCLA prospects and targets that participated last weekend in the Adidas 7-on-7 and Under Armour Camp...
Bruin Report Online11:45 AM
UCLA Among Early Standouts For VakalahiFeb. 22 -- Scout.com caught up with Salt Lake City East three-star defensive tackle Sam Vakalahi at the Under Armour All-American Camp to break down his early leaders, including…
Bruin Report Online11:34 AM
Interview: RB Chris Brown (Pre-UCLA Visit)Feb. 22 -- Oceanside (Calif.) El Camino running back Chris Brown has eight offers. This interview was conducted Sunday at the Under Armour Camp, and we have a short update from…
Bruin Report Online8:20 AM
Chase Cota Talks Recent Offers at UA CampFeb. 22 -- South Medford (Ore.) High 2018 wide receiver Chase Cota talks about his spring visits and recent USC offer at the Under Armour All-America Camp in Southern California.…
Bruin Report Online8:15 AM