• UCLA travels to take on the Colorado Buffaloes, with the game set to kick off Saturday at 11:00 a.m. PST, and to air on the Pac-12 Networks.
• UCLA is 5-2, stopping its two-game skid with a win over California on the road last week. UCLA is 2-2 in the Pac-12 South.
• Colorado is 2-5 overall and 0-4 in the Pac-12 South. Speaking of skids, the Buffs are on a three-game one, having lost to Cal (59-56, 2 OTs), Oregon State (36-31) and USC (56-28). They previously had lost to ASU (38-24).
• The Pac-12 South standings are: USC (4-1), ASU (3-1), Arizona (2-1), Utah (2-1), UCLA (2-2), and Colorado (0-4).
• It doesn’t get easier for Colorado either. After facing UCLA, they’ll go up against Washington, #15 Arizona, #6 Oregon and #19 Utah.
• UCLA edged itself back into the rankings this week at #25. Spending the last two weeks out of the rankings was the first time in almost exactly two years UCLA has been unranked.
• In the overall series, UCLA is 7-2 against Colorado, having one the last three. It’s 3-1 in Boulder, with its last game there resulting in a 42-14 win. Last year, UCLA won at the Rose Bowl, 45-23. UCLA hasn't lost to Colorado since 2003.
• Among Pac-12 opponents, UCLA has played Colorado the least.
• In its fourth season in the Pac-12, Colorado has won just four conference games.
• Under Jim Mora, UCLA has never lost when leading at halftime. In games when it was ahead at the half, Mora’s Bruins are 21-0.
• During last week’s Cal game, Brett Hundley became UCLA’s all-time leader in completions, and the first player to go over 700 completions in a career. He’s currently third on the all-time list for touchdown passes, and second on the all-time school passing yards list.
• Hundley has has run for or thrown a touchdown in 33 of his career 34 games, with the only exception being the Texas game this year, when he was injured in the first quarter.
• Mike MacIntyre (49) is in his second year at Colorado, and has a 6-13 record with the Buffs. Last year, in his first season in Boulder, he went 4-8 and 1-8. Previous to being at Colorado, MacIntyre turned around a dismal San Jose State program, going 1-11 in his first season in 2010, to just two years later in 2012 posting a 10-2 mark. MacIntyre is a defensive guy, having spent some time in the NFL as a defensive backs coach before becoming the defensive coordinator at Duke before the San Jose State stint. He’s facing a pretty tough challenge at Colorado, but the general feeling is that MacIntyre is a good coach, is making headway, and has a chance to restore Colorado to respectability. Two weeks ago MacIntyre gained some notoriety when he chased down the Pac-12 officiating crew after losing to Oregon State to berate them before security intervened (he was fined $10,000 by the Pac-12). If you don’t recognize MacIntyre it might be because he lost 52 pounds in the off-season.
• Colorado and UCLA – along with San Jose State and Navy – will honor Houston Texans rookie offensive offensive lineman David Quessenberry Saturday. Quessenberry, who is the older brother of UCLA’s starting right guard Scott Quessenberry, is battling non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. David played for MacIntyre and many of his current staff at San Jose State, and his other brother, Paul, is the starting defensive end at Navy, which plays San Jose State. MacIntyre, then, thought it was a perfect day to honor the elder Quessenberry, so players from all four teams will wear a “DQ” decal on their helmets. Scott Quessenberry had previously dedicated his season to his brother.
• If UCLA wins Saturday it will be its eighth straight win away from the Rose Bowl, and improve Mora’s record to 12-4 in true road games.
• The record of UCLA’s remaining opponents is 21-13 (Colorado is 2-5, UA is 5-1; UW and USC 5-2, and Stanford is 4-3). If you take Colorado out of the equation, the record of UCLA’s last four opponents is 19-8.
• UCLA beat Cal last week for the first time since 1998, also the last season the Bruins won the conference.
• Colorado plays its games on campus at Folsom Field, which opened in 1924 and has a capacity of 53,613. It’s at an elevation of 5,400 feet.
• UCLA is currently favored by 13.5 points.
• The weather forecast calls for a high of 78 degrees Saturday, clear and sunny.
Game Week: Colorado Facts and Factors
Bruin Report Online Top Stories
Pac-12 Recruiting NotebookOct. 21 -- News, notes and recruiting nuggets from around the Pac-12...
Bruin Report Online2:30 PM
Weekend Official Visit PrimerOct. 21 -- Scout takes a look at the biggest visitors for the upcoming weekend in the Power 5 conferences...
Bruin Report Online2:20 PM
Rogers Officially Visiting This WeekendOct. 21 -- UCLA will be hosting Las Vegas (Nev.) Arbor View defensive tackle Greg Rogers this weekend in addition to Anthony Hines...
Bruin Report Online1:41 PM
UCLA Prospects In Games This Weekend - Week 8Oct. 21 -- -- Check out where UCLA prospects will be playing this weekend throughout the country...
Bruin Report Online1:00 PM