The Opening Regional Seattle is Saturday, and it marks the end of the Opening Regional season.
Among the UCLA recruits who will participate:
• Foster Sarell from Graham (Wash.) Kapowsin, the top player in the Northwest, and the No. 1 offensive tackle nationally, and the No. 5 overall prospect in the 2017 class. Stanford leads Washington, UCLA and others.
• Henry Bainivalu, the No. 2 lineman in the Northwest, from Sammamish (Wash.) Skyline. UCLA probably trails Washington.
• Jaxson Kirkland, the three-star offensive line prospect from Portland (Ore.) Jesuit that UCLA recently offered. Kirkland is supposed to be visiting UCLA within the next month and, if everything checks out (including academics), he could commit.
• Salt Lake City (Utah) Brighton four-star Sione Heimuli-Lund, a commit to Stanford is an athlete on Scout, but he'll work as a running back in Seattle. There's a possibility Heimuli-Lund doesn't end up at UCLA, and could possibly turn to UCLA.
• There will be a pretty talented group of 2018 quarterbacks, joined by Corona (Calif.) Centennial 2018 quarterback Tanner McKee, Ventura (Calif.) St. Bonaventure's Mason Quandt, and Lehi (Utah) quarterback Camm Cooper.
• One of the most versatile players in the West is Layton (Utah) four-star athlete Tayler Katoa and he'll work with the linebackers on Saturday. UCLA is watching Katoa.