Update: Mique Juarez indicated Monday he would return to practice, and, as we reported below, even head coach Jim Mora confirmed the news on the Petros and Money radio show.
Juarez, however, didn't make it to the San Bernardino practice field Monday night for UCLA's second practice session.
So, we continue to be on Mique Watch Tuesday.
Juarez missed four practices, with head coach Jim Mora saying the former five-star linebacker had an "excused absence."
Sources told BRO that Juarez was contemplating quitting football for personal reasons.
A source close to the situation told us this afternoon that Juarez would report to camp in San Bernardino in time for Monday's second practice.
Mora confirmed the news in his appearance on the Petros and Money Show, stating, "He (Juarez) never left the team, he was just excused for a few days."
Juarez also wrote this out on a Twitter account he used to share recruiting news:
The No. 1 outside linebacker prospect nationally in the 2016 class, Juarez enrolled early at UCLA, in time for spring practice, but suffered a concussion that forced him to sit out most of spring. He then started fall camp last week, working with the second-unit linebackers, until he was absent Friday.
Veterans Jayon Brown and Cameron Judge had been working exclusively with the ones in practice, but Juarez and sophomore Josh Woods had certainly been pushing for snaps heading into the team's one-week move to San Bernardino.