- Leonard Williams, Antwaun Woods, Adoree Jackson, Lamar Dawson and Anthony Brown who are here and ready to go otherwise all without helmets for the morning practice Friday.
- Buck Allen, Darreus Rogers and Su'a Cravens were cleared to play after a day off Thursday that saw the team go bowling, do arcade games and get very competitive with one another, Sark says.
- Running back turned safety D.J. Morgan missing from practice again Friday.
- Former USC coach Yogi Roth attended practice to prepare for the full Pac-12 media tour that arrives Sunday with Rick Neuheisel and Mike Yam.
- Aundrey Walker performed in a yellow jersey Friday morning.
- Cody Kessler looked fine on his tweaked left knee. He was not wearing a brace Friday.
- Punt return team was Buck Allen and Juju Smith back in front of Nelson Agholor with Soma Vainuku also in the mix.
- With Adoree out of the mix Friday, Chris Hawkins got some returns with the second group.
- Freshman safety John Plattenburg continues to shine with a leaping pick of Max Browne in seven on seven at the sideline Friday morning.
- Friday night, the team practiced in full pads.
- Leonard Williams, Antwaun Woods, Adoree Jackson, Cody Temple, Lamar Dawson and Ryan Dillard, who was dinged in the morning, were not in pads. Williams and Woods did work with trainers on the sidelines Friday evening.
- Kris Albarado keeps booming his punts. Standing on his own 15 in the early punt work, he knocked one into the other end zone on one bounce.
- Darreus Rogers and Ajene Harris joined Nelson Agholor on punt return duty Friday evening.
- Trojans did take full speed tackling reps Friday night.
- Cody Temple wore a clear visor on both practices Friday because of issues with light sensitivity after his concussion.
- Team moves to the Coliseum Saturday for a 1:45 closed practice.
- Live goal line got both sides of the ball fired up Friday night. Su'a Cravens, not exactly sure where to line up, gets positioned on the LOS and promptly knifed in to nail Buck Allen. But after an odd reverse to Ajene Harris, Kessler comes back to Buck out of the backfield and he gets it in from nine yards out.
- Second group was stoned once at the two yard line with Justin Davis. On the second push, the offensive line got him in easily. Nice work by Damien Mama, Viane Talamaivao with seniors Nathan Guertler and Giovanni Di Poalo.
- The third group offense also converted on the goal line with quarterback Jalen Greene -- he's throwing again now after pulling an oblique -- delivering a bullet to Aaron Minor.
- During seven-on-seven, Ajene Harris caught a swing pass at the 10-yard line and turned the corner to go 85 yards against the first defense. Harris showed surprisingly good speed.
- Darreus Rogers and Victor Blackwell also had touchdown catches in the seven-on-seven goal line period.
- USC had a mid-range field goal competition from 43 yards out with Andre Heidari hitting four of four with a do-over after a miss, while Matt Boermeester was two for three.
- In red zone drills, Harris caught another touchdown from 15-yards out. You can cross him off the redshirt list.
- Max Browne had two touchdown passes with a perfectly thrown fade from the 15 to Blackwell and a crossing route to Bryce Dixon. Two of Max' best throws of camp.
- Big play of the day going the other way has Kessler hitting JuJu Smith for 75 yards and a score on a ball that's in the air 52 yards. Smith beats double coverage to haul it in.
- Kessler then fires another bomb, this one for 65 yards to a flying George Farmer, who beats both safeties.
- Jonathan Lockett closed out the 11-on-11 period with an interception off a deflection from Greene. Lockett another freshman lighting his red shirt on fire.
Friday practice quick slant
USCFootball.com Top Stories
The War RoomThis week in the War Room we discuss the final big recruiting push before the dead period starts, praise USC’s Mr. Everything Adoree Jackson and the Trojans undefeated, yes…
Adoree' Jackson's big nightAdoree' Jackson became the second USC player to win the Thorpe Award given to the nation's best defensive back on a night when he was also named an All-American.
USCFootball.comYesterday at 8:20 PM
Crosstown rivals host HolmesSqueezing two official visits in last week, five-star cornerback Darnay Holmes is a month away from announcing his college commitment.
USCFootball.comWednesday at 10:05 PM
USC Recruiting PodcastGerard Martinez jumps on the podcast to give you the latest and greatest information on USC football recruiting and how recruits have reacted to the Trojans making the Rose Bowl.
USCFootball.comWednesday at 4:58 PM
Greg Johnson ISO highlightsHawkins four-star athlete Greg Johnson is known as a defensive back, but check out these highlights from him playing running back.
USCFootball.comWednesday at 9:21 AM