- Saturday reveal the Coliseum’s much-anticipated Field Suites. While not quite finished yet, they draw an immediate reaction. Since great minds sometimes think alike, we'll share Coach Harvey Hyde’s first impression in the same single word. "Stables," he said. Although D. Wayne Lukas' and Bob Baffert's on the backside at Churchill Downs are far more elaborate and architecturally superior to the temporary white structure that looks like your backyard shed from Home Depot on steroids.
- After Friday night's full-pads work, today's delayed (to 2:45 p.m. start) figures to be lighter in shoulder pads and helmets.
- But there is an officiating crew here and a large contingent of players' families.
- Freshman Adoree Jackson dressed out Saturday and participated in drills.
- Antwaun Woods did not dress and fellow defensive tackle Cody Temple discarded his dark visor for a baseball cap.
- Jackson returned punts with Nelson Agholor, Chris Hawkins, Darreus Rogers, Ajene Harris and Steven Mitchell Saturday.
- George Farmer, Tre Madden, Buck Allen, Justin Davis, Juju Smith, Su'a Cravens and Christian Tober returned kickoffs. There was no real contact in the special teams period.
- Allen, Cravens, Quinton Powell and Michael Hutchings all participated on the kick off return team.
- One major difference in practice between defensive line coach Chris Wilson and former defensive line coach Ed Orgeron. Wilson uses the sled almost every practice, whereas Orgeron was heavy on bag drills.
- Linebacker Lamar Dawson still on the side lines with trainers Saturday. Cornerback Ryan Dillard worked on the stationary bike while Dawson threw the medicine ball.
- Quarterback Cody Kessler has worked hard on moving in the pocket and outside the pocket the past few practices.
- Cornerback Chris Hawkins had a great one-on-one tackle on Nelson Agholor. The receiver tried to make a move on a screen pass, but Hawkins squared him up.
- Quarterback Max Browne was more conscious of throwing the ball into a crowd now Saturday, and his patience paid off on a 15-yard TD toss to a much-improved Victor Blackwell.
- In one on one passing drills, Jackson made a great end zone bat-down of a ball to Steven Mitchell. Both players looked healthy Saturday in drills.
- Running back Tre Madden saw more reps playing Wildcat quarterback Saturday.
- Steve Sarkisian wanted to push the tempo more after the first scrimmage, and Saturday the offense worked on a lot of quick passes and hand offs to increase tempo. Thus, the ball handling was more sloppy than Friday’s practice.
- Freshman guard Damien Mama went down Saturday with what looks like an ankle injury. Mam was able to walk off the field under his own power.
- With Mama out, Aundrey Walker — in his numberless yellow jersey — takes reps with the second team at right gaurd.
- Michael Hutchings had another very good practice Saturday. Hutchings has a knack for being in the right place at the right time at MIKE linebacker.
- The FG competition had Andre Heidari and Matt Boerstein converting from 35 and 40 yards out before Heidari hits one of two from 48, while Boerstein's lone 48 yarder would have been good from 60.
- In a late 11-on-11 period Kessler had a miscommunication with is wide out and threw the ball to a wide open Chris Hawkins. Unfortunately for Kessler, Hawkins is still playing cornerback.
- Browne steps in and hit Blackwell for a 60-yard touchdown over Adoree Jackson. Browne would hit George Farmer for two big gains, including a 15-yard touchdown pass. Farmer made a great diving lunge for the football.
- Kessler returned to hit Darreus Rogers four a couple of sideline routes. The drive also saw Madden and Allen run for good gains.
- For the third group, Bryce Dixon gets behind everybody for a 70-yard touchdown from Jalen Greene.
Saturday practice quick slant
USCFootball.com Top Stories
PODCAST: Dan Weber's latest takesDan Weber talks about the aftermath of the loss to Utah, what needs to change on the practice field, Ed Orgeron being named interim head coach at LSU and the state of officiating…
USCFootball.comYesterday at 4:17 PM
Just Sayin' - Back home, not back on track?Back home at 1-3 and going against a dangerous Arizona State team, USC has run out of options. No more talk. No more explanations or excuses for the Trojans. As former USC…
USCFootball.comYesterday at 9:56 AM
Miller having big yearC.J. Miller may not have five-stars next to his name, but he is proving to be a top performer this season for McEachern High School.
USCFootball.comYesterday at 2:17 AM
USC vs. Utah Game HighlightsThe Trojans lost a heart breaker in Utah, but it wasn't all bad for the Trojans. Check out these USC highlights shot by Keely Eure at field level.
USCFootball.comSunday at 3:22 PM