- Both Leonard Williams and Antwaun Woods returned to practice Sunday in full gear. Running back Justin Davis was also back in full gear after turning an ample Saturday. J.R. Tavai also dressed Sunday and appeared 100-percent after going down Saturday.
- Freshman guard Damien Mama also participated in Sunday’s practice after hurting his ankle Saturday. Mama ran with the third team offense for most of the day as Aundrey Walker took his place with the second group.
- Safety D.J. Morgan's knee hasn't come back as quickly as the coaching staff anticipated but he is still with the team. Morgan will not take one of the August camp 105 slots, but will return to the field when the goes to a 115 man roster after camp. USC gave his slot to a kicker, Steve Sarkisian said Sunday.
- Su'a Cravens participated in all phases of practice playing the safety/SAM nickel spot on defense.
- For the second straight day, Sarkisian was mic'ed up for the Pac-12 Network before practice.
- The Trojan Marching Band could also be heard Sunday as they prepare for the season opener.
- Adoree Jackson received more punt return reps behind Nelson Agholor and with Chris Hawkins.
- Nose guard Cody Temple did participate in more phases of practice Sunday but is still limited after his concussion last week.
- USC defensive backs developing good habits with a drill which has them trailing the ball carrier with a light pad and hitting the player from an angle to get his head in front. The defensive back wraps his arms and keeps his legs moving through the tackle.
- For the first 11-on-11 period, Woods, Williams and Tavai make their presence known at the line of scrimmage almost immediately.
- Quarterback Cody Kessler hit Neslon Agholor on a slant from the 10 for a score.
- Max Browne highlighted with the second team offense with a quick ball-action fake on the read option before sending a bullet over the middle to Ajene Harris in traffic.
- Another good day for receiver George Farmer, catching a well-defended deep sideline fade and fighting inside for a physical 50/50 ball. His father, George Sr. is all smiles, muttering to himself about this being a new era at USC.
- Max Tuerk and Kessler had a couple of snapping issues Sunday with the quarterback under center.
- Sarkisian says Sunday that he was impressed by how the team came out and competed. He gave Andre Heidari a final shot to hit a field goal at the end of practice a period early. Heidari hit the field goal from 45-yards out and practices ended.
Sunday practice quick slant
USCFootball.com Top Stories
Stroud-Tuliaupupu visits local schoolsSolomon Nokeakua Stroud-Tuliaupupu may not be an easy name to spell or pronounce, but watching him play, it's an easy name to remember.
USCFootball.comYesterday at 8:09 PM
Jabari Ruffin suspended indefinitelyJabari Ruffin becomes the third outside linebacker to be suspended.
USCFootball.comYesterday at 7:49 PM
Sunday Instant AnalysisThe bye week is over and now the Trojans are focused on a Thursday night contest against Cal. Keely Eure and Dan Weber have all of the news and notes from practice.
USCFootball.comYesterday at 7:30 PM
Trojan Tip-Off Top Photos & GalleryThe Trojan Tip-Off gave fans a chance to see the new faces of USC basketball. We have the top five photos and a full gallery to check out the action.
USCFootball.comYesterday at 5:08 PM
The Sam Darnold EffectAdvanced analytics are becoming increasingly popular in college football. Over the next several weeks we will take a look at different USC story lines using advanced analytics.
USCFootball.comFriday at 4:37 PM